Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Important Kunena profile edit error

More
13 years 1 month ago #11 by xillibit
Do you have a test account on your site ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #12 by jmarcel
Hey xillibit, check your pm. I sent you a message for the login test account.

More
13 years 1 month ago #13 by sozzled
The first message in this topic talks about Wordpress (and does not even mention the word Kunena once) and I thought to myself "What in heaven's name are we talking about?"

It would really help if people would read the guidelines about posting in the Support category. The appear at the top of the page but, for anyone who is still unsure, here they are again:

This category is for:

▪ Kunena 1.6 with Joomla 1.5 issues only. For a faster response, please make sure you include your K 1.6 configuration settings report. Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
▪ if your Kunena forum does not work for you in the same way as it does here at this website.

Do not use this category:

▪ to request a change to the standard behaviour of Kunena.
▪ if your question of a commonly asked "how to" nature
▪ if you are using Joomla 1.6

There are issues with installing or using K 1.6.x in Joomla 1.6 at this time. Some of these issues are show-stoppers if users are considering Joomla 1.6 to run their production websites. Many of these issues will be fixed in future versions of Kunena. Please use the K 1.6 test reports category to report issues that you are having with K 1.6 and J! 1.6.

Therefore, it would really help, whenever people post to the Support category, for people to include their K 1.6 configuration report so that we know what we are dealing with.

As we are discussing some issue with Joomla 1.6, I am moving this to the K 1.6 test reports category.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14 by jmarcel
Here is the "report configuration settings"

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled
Thanks for the information. Could you also post the details of your test account, too, please? This will help us to see what's happening on your site.

You can use the same confidential tags (like they appear in your config. report) also, like this
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
Apparently there is an unsubstantiated rumour about J! 1.6.1 that makes a mess of Kunena user profiles. Some people say it doesn't make a mess of them while others do. The problems that I am aware of - even if they are only rumours - have not been properly confirmed and, more importantly, I have not heard about these "wordpress widget" things or how they might affect the ability so save a Kunena user profile changes Therefore, let's see what we're actually meant to be dealing with in order to understand the problems that you seem to be having.

I also have observed, from your configuration report, that you are trying to implement some kind of search engine optimisation. Although I have not confirmed that the guide given in the Wiki is completely accurate as far as J! 1.6 is concerned, I recommend that you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to learn how to properly implement Joomla SEO settings. :)

I also see, by looking at your site, you do not have a Kunena menu at the top of your forum. Perhaps you should also look at J! 1.6 + K 1.6.2 - How do I restore my Kunena menu?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #16 by jmarcel
Ok here are the detailes of my test account:

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: minor edit

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
Thank you. I logged into your site. Made one small change to the test account's Kunena profile (changed the gender from unknown to male) and saved it. No error messages.

However, I see that, even though the site says that the change was made, it actually didn't update anything! :ohmy:

We will have to look into this further. Thank you for your report. :) I am very surprised, though, because no-one else has mentioned that they cannot save changes to their Kunena user profile. This would be a big problem if there was something defective in Kunena, wouldn't it? No-one can save their profile changes? Doesn't make for much of a forum, does it? So we have to clearly understand exactly what we're dealing with in this case and the other things that people might have installed on their websites that may be interfering with standard operations. In cases like these, one has to ask whether the foundation that we're dealing with is not, in fact, the cause of the problem. Joomla 1.6 is still too new to be able to eliminate this as the culprit.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #18 by jmarcel
Thanks for you help sozzled :) but the problem is when for example, you changed the gender to the test kunena profile you saved it, but if you check again, it actually wasn't saved. The gender still says "unknown". This happens to any information in the test kunena profile(birthdate, gender, timezone, location, websites, etc) that you try to change when you hit the save button but it really doesn't "save"/change anything. That is the problem, that is not changing/saving the information on the test kunena profile.

More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #19 by AndyP
Replied by AndyP on topic Re: Kunena profile edit error
This Wordpress error:

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/jmarcel/public_html/components/com_wordpress/wp/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 728

Can be fixed here: www.corephp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1800.0

And this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::authorise() in /home/jmarcel/public_html/components/com_wordpress/wp/wp-includes/wpj.php on line 1143

Can be fixed here: www.corephp.com/forum/index.php/topic,2385.msg5645.html#msg5645
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by AndyP.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds