Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Birthday one day different

More
13 years 1 month ago #21 by sozzled
Would everyone who is contributing to this discussion please post their K 1.6 configuration report. Thank you.

Have there been reports of this "day minus one" event occurring in the broader Joomla - J! 1.6.1 - community? Or are we dealing with a uniquely Kunena phenomenon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #22 by Xtracted
I found this bug but I dont really know if its related or not:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=24360

Here is my configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rustning | author: Kristoffer Metsälä | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2011-01-01

Kunena default template details : Cridin | author: gonzaunit | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-12-17

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: The file doesn't exist alphauserpoints.xml ! | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Xtracted.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #23 by sozzled
Yes, I believe this is a defect in Joomla 1.6.1. I created my first J! 1.6.1 website only yesterday and discovered the same behaviour. Joomla 1.6 has changed in the way that time zones are represented. (At this time I can't say that I'm too impressed by the mechanism that's used to generate the TZ pull-down.) I'm think that that the JHTML::date function hasn't been wired together properly. That's something I will need to look into.

Also, FYI, I live in a timezone that it currently UTC +11 hours, my server is co-located in this same TZ, and my birthdate is misrepresented in Kunena in the same manner that has been reported in this topic. Thanks for the reports of this Joomla problem. This seems to be a matter (like one or two others) that needs Joomla to fix things, before Kunena can work properly. In the meantime, if birth dates are critical for your site's success, you should only deploy Joomla sites based on Joomla 1.5.22.
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #24 by singletrack
I have been working with some other developers regarding plugins that require dates and times to be set based on timezone. They were fantastic to work with and have worked out some resolutions to what the problem is with the J! version 1.6.x. The problem appears to be the way J! is or is not passing dates on to plugins and extension - thus using the database system timezone, which is UTC.

You can try this at your own risk, however it has helped me resolve quite a few date discrepancies on my site throughout numerous plugins and extensions.

locate the following: /libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php

This will be around/near line 323
Code:
From this: // Event occuring dates if ($displayevents == 0) { $start = mktime(0, 0, 0, date('n', $event->EventStartDate), date('j', $event->EventStartDate), date('Y', $event->EventStartDate)); $end = mktime(0, 0, 0, date('n', $event->EventEndDate), date('j', $event->EventEndDate), date('Y', $event->EventEndDate)); for ($i=$start; $i<=$end; $i+=86400) $this->_event_dates[date('d.m.Y', $i)][$event->IdEvent] = $event->IdEvent; } // Event end date if ($displayevents == 0 || $displayevents == 2) $this->_event_dates[date('d.m.Y', $event->EventEndDate)][$event->IdEvent] = $event->IdEvent; to this: // Event occuring dates if ($displayevents == 0) { $start = mktime(0, 0, 0, date('n', $event->EventStartDate), date('j', $event->EventStartDate), date('Y', $event->EventStartDate)); $end = mktime(0, 0, 0, date('n', $event->EventEndDate), date('j', $event->EventEndDate), date('Y', $event->EventEndDate)); }
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by singletrack.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds