Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Change Language

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11 by rjdevries
Replied by rjdevries on topic Re: Change Language
Same problem here. :(
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by rjdevries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #12 by Shulya
Replied by Shulya on topic Re: Change Language
how do I fix the problem. I installed "com_kunena_v1.6.3_b4344_2011-01-31.zip "
in the admin panel
and the forum itself in Russian
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Shulya.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by dconel
Replied by dconel on topic Re: Change Language
Is it only the Dutch language that won't work?

More
13 years 2 months ago #14 by kootjoo
Replied by kootjoo on topic Re: Change Language
Hi,

As far as I can read it there are a lot of people that have these kind of problems. I even read in another Topic that someone solved it but he doesn't say how. I am curious if 1.6.3 should work on Joomla 1.6 regarding languages or if this is still a problem/bug?

Thanks,
KooTjoo

More
13 years 2 months ago #15 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Change Language
It looks like this issue comes from Joomla 1.6.0 bug, and it's not a Kunena bug.

Kunena doesn't load language files -- Joomla does it. I need to talk with Joomla team if we can find out what goes wrong.

More
13 years 2 months ago #16 by kootjoo
Hi,

I don't think it is a Joomla 1.6 issue. What I have found out is that when there is something "wrong" with a language file Joomla switches over to the default English language.

To test if Joomla 1.6 uses the correct file I have renamed the Kunena en-GB files to nl-NL made some changes in Dutch in it and they are properly shown. I have also tested it with the main Joomla nl-NL.ini which normally works good. I have deleberately made a mistake in it and then it skips this file and switches over to the en-GB.

My conclusion is that there must be something wrong with the Kunena langauge files. I have not been able to finf where Joomla 1.6 does this check and switches over but I am sure it works like this.

KooTjoo

More
13 years 2 months ago #17 by kootjoo
Hi all,

It is definitely a problem with the Kunena language files and not with Joomla. I have removed the problems from teh Dutch language file and the frontend is in Dutch.

I wil have to check the other language files but problem is solved.

KooTjoo

More
13 years 2 months ago #18 by qalk1
Replied by qalk1 on topic Re: Change Language
i have this problem with italian language file but for backend, i have parsed all file something was incorrect and i have removed errors but still don't load it correctly.
Can you tell me what problem you found in dutch file?

thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #19 by kootjoo
Hi,

I removed a " somewhere and a few <div>'s that made it working. I think it's better that someone from the Kunena Team gets back on this strange problem.

KooTjoo

More
13 years 2 months ago #20 by nodecska
Replied by nodecska on topic Re: Change Language
HI!

Could you please describe what you did exactly in the language file what made it working? I have the same problem but I can't figure out what shell I do to fix it.

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds