Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] Real name (Username) displayed in profile information

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by teratyke
Hi
Not sure if this happened after my upgrade to 1.6.2, but when clicking on a users profile the username and real name are displayed. I presume this isn't by design - although willing to be corrected on that point.

Ok this isn't a great example as the username and real name are the same....

In the back end, Forum Configuration -> Users -> Display User Name - is set to Yes.

I've temporarily disabled the text output by removing the code in /components/com_kunena/template/default/profile/summary.php -- around line 29 removed
Code:
echo $this->escape($this->name);

I'm not using any community components and this is the default template.

Am I missing a setting somewhere - or can anyone confirm the same?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Rob

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 480 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by teratyke. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

teratyke wrote: Not sure if this happened after my upgrade to 1.6.2, but when clicking on a users profile the username and real name are displayed. I presume this isn't by design - although willing to be corrected on that point

I'm not sure whether the change came about with K 1.6.2 (or not) but this feature is controlled by the setting Components » Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » Plugins » Userlist » Show Real Name = Yes

Don't ask me why it was done this way.

I do not recommend changing Kunena source code ... except in order to hotfix a problem, and only those hotfixes recommended by the project team.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teratyke

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by teratyke
Ah great thanks for that - I've un-hacked my code (you can consider my wrists slapped :) and changed the setting as per your guidance.
The profile information now displays as desired.

Thanks you sozzled, for your assistance. Sorry I couldn't find this setting myself.
Rob

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by Laivindil
I have a bit of a problem. When I click on a user profile i see the following:

Name(Username) Ex: Kim Tomas(Lavindil)

Is there any way to change this into only showing username? I will be integrating with jsocial during today so if that helps then no worries... Anyone?

• jackynetwork
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by jackynetwork
Hi,actually,I don't want to display the username frontend.
But although I have set in backend not show "username" ,

but it's still show in "profile" area in frontend.

So I have a question: how to delete the "(username)" from the title "Profile for name (username)"

I would like to show "Profile for name"instead of "Profile for name (username)"

Thanks.

Jacky
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by jackynetwork.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
I think that you want to do the same as me, assuming you are talking about (user) under the actual username? However, I have found out how yet, apparently somewhere in the language file will stop

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Oscarfishlover and jackynetwork: see the answer to your question in msg #2.

I don't know why no-one bothered to answer Laivindil's question asked over a year ago, but the answer to that question is to change the following configuration setting back to its original default value, viz.

Forum Configuration » Users » User Related » Display User Name = Yes

• jackynetwork
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #8 by jackynetwork
It seems did not work for me.

What i real need is: Don't show Username everyway in the forum:

No username in all forum posts.
No username in profile information
No username in sef link(Not user-id-username.html)
I even ask our customers to change their "Real name" to be "Nickname".

Because we running is a "Store Forum".
We would keep all "customers account" in safe.

So my question is:

From the title of profile information
how to only show the "NAME",but not Name(Username) ?

• jackynetwork
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #9 by jackynetwork

sozzled wrote: *** Topics merged ***

Oscarfishlover and jackynetwork: see the answer to your question in msg #2.

Yes,but even do so, the Real Name still come together with "username".

It display REALNAME(USERNAME),I want to delete "(USERNAME)".
It seems can not remove from backend.

• jackynetwork
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10 by jackynetwork

Oscarfishlover wrote: I think that you want to do the same as me, assuming you are talking about (user) under the actual username? However, I have found out how yet, apparently somewhere in the language file will stop

Oscarfishlover,would you mind tell me which file should i modify. you have know how to remove
"(username)" ?

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds