Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Last post First?

More
13 years 1 month ago #11 by alaplume
Replied by alaplume on topic Re:Change Order Of Post
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to change the order of the topics in my Kunena forum. I would like to change it so the posts so the oldest post will appear first.

I have been reading on here that someone can change this by editing their profile, or a site administrator can edit this with Kunena User Administration function. I am the site administrator and I can't seem to figure out either method.

I am using Kunena 1.6.1.
As a Site Administrator, when I go to the Forum Configuration page, I don't see any option to change the posting order.
As a Jomsocial user, I don't see anywhere to change the "Look and Layout" of the Forum.

Can someone please step me through this? I would really appreciate it! :)

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Last post First?
Topics merged

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #13 by Bourne
Replied by Bourne on topic Latest post on top?
How would I go about inverting my forums?. I just want to have the latest post appear on the top>down, instead of bottom>up.

Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by Bourne.

More
13 years 1 week ago #14 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Latest post on top?
Hello,

What do you mean exactly ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago #15 by Bourne
Replied by Bourne on topic Re: Latest post on top?
By default, whenever someone posts a reply to a topic, the "reply" or "post" will be added to the topic at the bottom of the page, below the last reply. I want the replies to post at the top of the topic. So the very first post, the OP's post, will be at the bottom of the page on the first page.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #16 by sozzled
Topics merged

See msg #2 in this topic.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 days ago #17 by LeFunk
Replied by LeFunk on topic Re: Last post First?
How I did it:
1. open file view.php
(it's in /components/com_kunena/funcs)

2. find line
$this->ordering = $this->config->default_sort == 'asc' ? 'ASC' : 'DESC';
change it to
$this->ordering = $this->config->default_sort == 'desc' ? 'ASC' : 'DESC';
(it should be line 331)

3. save and upload the modified view.php

More
12 years 11 months ago #18 by destructor
Replied by destructor on topic RECENT POST - ORDER
Hello.
Is there a way within the threads to present the MOST RECENT post at the top of the thread?

Mine all show up at the end of the thread.
Thanks!

More
12 years 11 months ago #19 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, destructor, and welcome to Kunena.

See msg #2 in this topic.

More
12 years 8 months ago #20 by LN888
Replied by LN888 on topic Post ordering wrong... K1.6.4
Ummmm,

I feel a little weird to ask this, as I am SURE it's a major oversight on my part, but I cannot figure out how to change the forum DEFAULT of posts to be ordered like how ALL forums are, showing the oldest first. I am using Kunena 1.6.4
The problem is I try and try and I cannot find in the back-end to make my forum show the oldest 'BY DEFAULT'... I am getting a lot of people stating that it's very confusing as most of my members (comprised mainly of seniors) are migrating over from a different board (ran by someone else, but will be hopefully phased out).

I have ran several forums before (SMF and phpBB) and they all are the typical default oldest to newest ordering, so I cannot understand why Kunena would have it by default backwards, and having to force EVERY member to have to go in and change the setting themselves.

I KNOW this must be a setting that I just am blind on spotting, but I cannot even find any documentation as such.

IF, by chance, this was a programming oversight (I really cannot see that being so, as the developers of this awesome software would be a lot smarter than that), is there at least a core hack that I can perform so that it shows default oldest-to-newest and that if people want it different from the norm, they can change it themselves in their profile settings.

THANK YOU for your help...
and again, THANKS GUYS for the great software...

... and thank you for your patience as I am SURE it's something simple I just cannot find.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds