Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Few bugs I have come across as well as anoyances

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
(1) Regarding your comment about the CSS template file being "squished", this is explained in Minified CSS in the Wiki.

Whichever way you decide to change the CSS information, we advise people to create their own template if they want to customise things. Whenever you upgrade Kunena in future (K 1.6.1 contains 40+ changes to K 1.6.0), the future version will replace the standard templates - things you may have changed - and your changes will be lost! :ohmy: You should not change the templates installed by Kunena. Instead you should create your own templates. Instructions for how to create your own template are given in the Wiki.

(2)

weise wrote: I cannot find the spoiler/hide information so that I can customize the messages for each of these ... as well as remove the Kunena link from the email.

Most text strings are contained in your language file. Details about the language file are contained in the Wiki article Where is the language file?

(3)

weise wrote: I love the look and feel of Kunena but I like the Security of PHPBB3 and if I could afford it I would probably ditch both and settle for IPB...

This is a new topic and should be treated as such.

(4)

weise wrote: I am also wondering if it is my host or the forum as pages are already slowing down (loading) and I haven't even started lol. (couple of posts/sections & Categories) but that's it.

This is another different subject that you hadn't mentioned before. You may be interested to read several discussions on K 1.6 and performance as well as intentions to improve further with K 1.7. I'll leave you to search for that information.

(5)

weise wrote: if you would like to see the website in mention then feel free to visit here

It helps. What I would have preferred was for you to answer one of my first questions regarding your configuration report. After I showed you how to obtain your configuration report, you did not give it to us. We've been flying blind ever since.

I see this topic is only fracturing further and going off into several more tangents. Please keep to the subject or we will lock it.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: weise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by weise
thanks for all your help sozzled , I have just killed the site in question and have decided not to revive it.

you may work on more pressing issues through-out the board ;)

Sorry for wasting your time.

I may re-look into the Kunena Forums upon release of the next version for any future websites I build, but for the time being I'll let this one go.

again really do appreciate your help :)

B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds