Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] How to upload, insert and display an image attachment

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by rui
Replied by rui on topic Insert picture in the post
Hello,

I wonder how can I allow my users to upload and insert directly in the post pictures?

If it's not possible in Kunena, could you give me some clue about module or companonent that could help?

Thanks a lot!

Rui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #22 by tisiman

fxstein wrote: Unfortunately the use and function of [img] in bbcode is a widely accepted standard. It links an external img into the text. Kunena would be the only bbcode solution changing that behavior...
What we really need to do is to writeup a better bbcode 'handbook' and explain to users how to use it - with example screenshots and a link from the bbcode editor page to that documentation.

1. We now 'misuse' the 'Attachment' bbcode for displaying pictures. I can live with that, but we miss the sizing option for images.
  2. Can the text Attachments be renamed to Attachments/Images?
  3. Can the text 'Insert' be renamed to 'Insert into text'?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnD

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #23 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnD

More
13 years 2 months ago #24 by timgraham
Replied by timgraham on topic Inline attachments
Is it possible to display photo attachments inline rather than a thumbnail with lightbox link ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #25 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Inline attachments
Hi, yes, When you browse the picture and selected the image click on open. you will see insert button on the right.

regards 810

More
12 years 2 months ago #26 by sunny33days
Replied by sunny33days on topic Re: Inline attachments
Hi, I'm also getting a lot of frustrated users that can't figure out to embed the photos within forum posts (they never seem to catch onto the "insert" button thing, because it doesn't seem standard). Will this be fixed in later versions so the user doesn't have to do two steps of both attaching, submiting, and insert?

Nobody seems to want to attach images, they all want them to show up within the post (embeded), I hope Kunena improves on this to make it more user friendly.

More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re: Inline attachments
Hello sunny33days. If your forum users/members have their images hosted somewhere like photobucket, the best way to insert the images is by copying the images url by right clicking on it then using the the insert image icon from the tool editor.

I this what your users are frustrated about?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #28 by Nenufar
Replied by Nenufar on topic How to insert images?
Apologies if this is possible! (and please could someone let me know?)

I've been playing with Kunena on my Web site and it appears that it's not possible to insert an image directly from the user's computer, or to cut and paste images into the text.

It would be enormously helpful to me if this were possible as my users aren't that techno-savvy and can just about cope with typing words on a screen. I foresee asking them to publish pix then linking to a URL to be problematic...

More
12 years 2 months ago #29 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: How to insert images?
G'day, Nenufar, and welcome to Kunena.

See how to insert images .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nenufar

More
12 years 2 months ago #30 by Nenufar
Replied by Nenufar on topic Re: How to insert images?
Genius, thank you very much! :)

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds