Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] How to upload, insert and display an image attachment

More
13 years 7 months ago #11 by aeyeight
Oho!!:woohoo: I'm very silly.:blush:

This is first time to see the "insert" button :blink:

Big thanks for you Sozzled.

Br,
aey
The following user(s) said Thank You: valdemar777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by AnyWay
Replied by AnyWay on topic [Info] How to upload image
Hello,
I'm new to Kunena 1.6.
I can't find how to upload an image directly to my domain as I used to do in Kunena 1.5.*.
I find the attachment only. With the Image link I can't upload images to my domain.
Is there a way to do it?

Thanks.

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic [Info] How to upload image
Hello,

In kunena 1.6, the attachments field allow you to upload files and images, whereas in k1.5.x, you had two fields one for files and an another one for images.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #14 by tisiman
Replied by tisiman on topic [Info] How to upload image
Hello

Yes this is really very awkward behavior, I wonder how you explain this to normal users.

I made some trials www.kunena.com/playground/main/65368-re-...as-attachement#65368

A normal user would try the image button and quickly give up on the bb-code stuff he does not understand, no images attached, leaving the forum for good. The tech nerd would attach the image and click on insert and then still be surprised he gets some [attachment] bb-code rather than [img].
The administrator would then like to re-size this image, because the tech nerd did not care and fills the whole page. But this is not possible with the [attachment] code. :(

Requests: Use [img] for image attachments. Rename attachments to Images/Attachment and only Images when attachments are disallowed. Add explanation in the empty field on the right.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by tisiman.

More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic [Info] How to upload image
Unfortunately the use and function of [img] in bbcode is a widely accepted standard. It links an external img into the text. Kunena would be the only bbcode solution changing that behavior.

I run a VERY non computer literate site for motorcycles, and the members picked up on the new attachment process within 1-2 days - they love it. Never seen more images attached to posts.
The vast majority of users here reacted very positive to the new attachment feature too. I am sorry to hear that in your two cases you find it difficult.

What we really need to do is to writeup a better bbcode 'handbook' and explain to users how to use it - with example screenshots and a link from the bbcode editor page to that documentation.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #16 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic [Info] How to upload image
Excellent observations, everyone. :)

As much as one tries to make a product easy and intuitive to use someone will demand that you write a 160-page reference guide that includes precise instructions that show people how to hold the mouse correctly in their right hand and every one of the million ways to work around the problem if you're not right-handed, lack mobility in your right hand, are disabled, and a translation of those instructions in 25 different languages including the rare dialect of a tongue spoken by 12 pygmy tribesman who live in a remote village of Burkina Fasa.

I realise that what I've just written is taking things to absurd lengths but, what I'm really trying to say, is that it's our job - every one of us (I mean all website aministrators) - to help users to learn how to use those tools that we've provided for them. I began this task on my own websites several years ago and I don't think that I'll ever finish it. I attempted this kind of thing with A basic forum help page for beginners . I remember, not long after I created that article for the Wiki, I received some not-so-encouraging feedback from one or two people who felt that my article was too elementary ... too basic. It just shows you that you neither can write too little or too much because you won't please everyone.

I remember that I've written something before in the forum about how to upload and insert images . I guess this is just "one of those things" ... B)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Thumbnails
I have a site that users post a lot of images. I love the way you can now add more than one picture to a post but it shows them in a very small thumbnail until you click on them. How do I change that size, I did try in the config in the thumbnail setting of the upload tab but nothing changed.

Thanks for the help and I love 1.6

More
13 years 6 months ago #18 by sozzled
joey2509: please see what I wrote above about how to upload and insert images in the body of your message display.

More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by joey2509
I still dont see how to change that thubnail size.

More
13 years 6 months ago #20 by sozzled
joey2509: Maybe I misunderstood what you want to do.

Do you only want to show thumbnails but you don't want to show the image (rescaled to fit into the message display)? And you're not happy with physical dimensions of the .gif that indicates a users attached an image they uploaded to your site when they submitted their post? Is this what you are asking about?

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds