Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Menu Tabs

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #21 by MusicInMe
Replied by MusicInMe on topic Re: Menu Tabs
Hi guys.
Here is what I did by fortune:

1. Go to Menu Menager -> Kunena Menu
2. Select ALL items and copy to Main Menu
3. Menu Menager -> Main Menu -> Kunena Forum (or whatever you call it)
4. Basic Parameters - change Default Menu Item to Index.

And that's it. No aliases or external urls. Works with SEF enabled.
I know it just temporary solution but it works ok. Of course you still have to have menu module enabled.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by MusicInMe.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #22 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Menu Tabs
Good idea. Added that into wiki article.
More
13 years 7 months ago #23 by MindTooth
Replied by MindTooth on topic Re: Menu Tabs
@MusicInMe: Thanks trying ;) I managed to get the highlight on the menu to work. But now the tabs in the forum is gone.

I don't know what, but I think that Kunena really needs some work on the highlight menu bit.
More
13 years 7 months ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Menu Tabs
Thanks for your feedback, mindtooth. I reviewed all the posts in this discussion topic - the topic has gone a little off-topic, but it is mostly about why people have problems creating their K 1.6 menu - but I did not find any reference to "highlighting" menu tabs.

Perhaps you could explain, for my benefit, what is this "highlight menu bit" that you are talking about, please. :unsure:
More
13 years 7 months ago #25 by MindTooth
As with everything in Joomla!, when you create a menu item for a component. That link will be highlighted as active when clicked and the page is rendered.

Just with this site. I am sure when you read this, you can scroll to the top, and see that the Forum tab has a blue background as a highlighted state.

This is what I am talking about. I can't seem to create a menu link highlight and both keep the Kunena menu. Sorry if I elaborate to much and in turn makes my writing useless :P
More
13 years 7 months ago #26 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Menu Tabs
This tells some basics on how menu should be used:
docs.kunena.com/index.php/Creating_customized_menus

You just need to learn how to use Joomla menus ;)
More
13 years 7 months ago #27 by sozzled
Thank you for your explanation. As I said before, this discussion topic has been very broad ranging. As you can expect, with a subject heading like "Menu Tabs" it could mean just about anything.

This is what I propose to do. When we have resolved your issue I am going to lock this topic so that it does not further become a "catch-all" for every possible problem that involves the K 1.6 menu tabs.

I understand your question, MindTooth. You cannot get the Kunena CSS to work on your website. There are three possible causes:

(1) You have not enabled Mootools on your website.
(2) You have changed your K 1.6 template and there is nothing in your CSS file to handle the mouse hover condition.
(3) Your site template CSS is overriding the Kunena template CSS.

Can we eliminate the first two potential causes, please? In the event the third potential cause is all that's left, what happens if you use the rhuk_milkyway template instead of the site template that you are currently using?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bedo
More
13 years 7 months ago #28 by MindTooth
You never learn :/

Previously we had a very slow load of the site. Which were caused by our template. And yet again, this is the root of our new problems as well.

Just loaded Gantry on a demo site, and the menu works perfectly :) Thanks for the idea of testing it with an another template.

Sorry for any bad behavior made by me :(
More
13 years 7 months ago #29 by sozzled
:laugh: NP. I'm very glad to hear that we were able to help in a small way.

Now that this matter has been resolved and before the topic is unintentionally "hijacked" in some other way, I am locking this discussion topic. If others have specific problems or issues relating to K 1.6 menu tabs, please start a new discussion topic and please try to describe, in the subject, a few words about what is wrong with the menu.

Thank you for your co-operation. :)
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds