Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] An invalid post ID was requested

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by sozzled

Mackelito wrote: And where do I find the SEF plugin?

Which specific "SEF plugin" are you looking for? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #22 by Djie
Strange... I made no changes to my site and suddenly this error message appears...
I am using the standard Joomla SEF. Couldn't find a specific sef plugin for kunena!

Hopefully anyone knows how to solve this problem! And yes, I am running on Kunena 1.6.3 and Joomla 1.5.22

*edit*
Found the problem... posting in moved thread which is not published caused this error :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Djie.

More
12 years 11 months ago #23 by mwantedc
We experiencing the same problem and need this to be fixed soon.

The only way so far I was able to fix this is to turn off Search Engine Friendly URLs. See Global Configurations..

Was anybody able to fix this?
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #24 by sozzled
Yes, many people have fixed the problem. "An invalid post ID was requested" can occur because of SEO or it can occur for other reasons, too. It can occur simply because someone is trying to reference a post that doesn't exist. For instance, try this: www.kunena.org/forum/132-does-not-exist/...it=10&start=30#50679

SEO is important but the issue of how you setup SEO is really not a Kunena issue, it's more of a Joomla issue. There is a guide to setting up SEO in the Wiki - see Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . You might also search the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ) for more information about how to set up SEO for your site (particularly if your web platform is not Apache).

We may be able to help you, too. Can you post your K 1.6 configuration report, please? This might help us to understand your problem better. (Please turn on SEO, before you make your configuration report, so that we can see how you tried to set things up.)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #25 by mwantedc
Thanks for so fast reply.

So since its on the posts that we have posted in some of our Forum sections are giving me an Error: An invalid post ID was requested. I know for sure the post is created and is on the forum, but since turning on SEO renames every url to .html Kunenan doesnt see it.

Thankk in advance for your help.

link to the forum: bmwsocialnetwork.com/index.php/forum/ind...-social-network.html
I turned the SEO and here is the Configuration Report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : rt_meridian_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 02/28/2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4 | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4 | Kunena Groups 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

More
12 years 11 months ago #26 by sozzled
Your "forum is offline for maintenance". Can you allow us to see your forum, please.

Why do you have "legacy mode" enabled? Have you read the very important information about using legacy mode ?

You have not properly setup Joomla SEO. Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) which shows you how to setup this Joomla feature. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mwantedc

More
12 years 10 months ago #27 by mwantedc
Hi,

Thanks for your help, I followed information from wiki and configured my SEO, but I left the option mod_rewrite set to no and Add Suffix to URLs to yes. because it would brake most link on my site. I also renamed HTACCESS.TXT to HTACCESS

The forum works now, but strange didn't before.. here is the example of the one of our posts:

We use JomSocial as a community component for the website. We also have a plug in installed that shows My Kunena Forum Menu on the main page user profile or Community page. What leads me to the next problem those manu links giving me the following error:

Kunena: Unsupported output format htmlItemid53, please use only format=html or .html
we working on it now and hopefully will fix it.

Thank you for all your help! Kunena is the way!

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #28 by sozzled
Please read Search Engine Optimisaton (SEO) very carefully. It is not a long document to read, but it's easy to overlook some points that are made.

I'll summarise: Check only the first two radio buttons in the SEO settings and make sure that you have a file called .htaccess (it's not "htaccess" it's ". htaccess"; pronounced DOT-H-T-ACCESS)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

More
12 years 10 months ago #29 by mwantedc
Thanks for all your help! Everything works fine!

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #30 by totalcampingireland
Hi my hosting company reciently updated their server, since then i am getting a An invalid post ID was requested. error for some of my forum categories. I have upgraded to 1.7.2 but am still getting the error message. Any help would be great
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds