Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can Moderators Ban People

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can Moderators Ban People
Yes, it's a problem all right, when you have integrated JomSocial profiles instead of Kunena profiles.

However that's an entirely different question.

Global moderators can ban users when they access the Kunena user profile. Therefore you need to explain to your global moderators that they need to go to the user's Kunena profile to execute the ban (unless you can figure out a way for them to do it from JomSocial without having to give them site administration privileges).

User management from JomSocial is JomSocial 's department (not our department); deciding to allow user management functions within the forum context - by linking usernames to JomSocial user profiles or Kunena user profiles - is your department.

I can tell you that, when this website was using JomSocial user profiles and when I required access to the Kunena "ban user" feature, it used to take me about 3 minutes to locate the Kunena user profile and execute the ban from there; these days (without JomSocial) it takes one mouse-click. Using JomSocial user profiles used to frustrate all the global moderators here because of the extra effort.

Do you require instructions to locate the URL to a user's Kunena profile? Armed with that information, it's a straightforward matter for your global moderators to go there. :)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #12 by Oscarfishlover
That's what I thought. Oh well, I will just have to leave it like it is. Thanks anyway

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds