Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Direct accessing the kunena component and permissions.

More
11 years 9 months ago #11 by biowep
:D I was just joking.

Ok, I will try kunena 2.0 (it's just a test site). If I find any error, I'll let you know.
Thank you both for your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled

biowep wrote: Sometimes I get one of those 2 errors (I don't know exactly how to reproduce the error, it seems to be casual).

It's impossible for me to reproduce these errors on your site, too. Your forum only has the original sample data posted (there are no other messages), as far as I can tell, and all the menus function properly for me.

But ... your configuration report does not show any details of forum configuration settings and that's why I'm wondering what's going on! :dry: Seems to me that the installation procedure did not properly construct the xxx_kunena_config table in the database.

The configuration report clearly shows that this still looks like a faulty/incomplete installation to me.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #13 by biowep
When I installed the component all the steps were completed correctly (and marked with an OK, in green).

I just clicked on forum and then accessed /?option=com_kunena and I get this error

Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=199).
Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=199).
Please check your Joomla menus: Infinite redirect loop detected in /forum
Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page.

I made much attemps but I got this error just one time. I suppose after the first time it's harder to get the error again. Anyway, this is my latest config (I installed it again)
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : android-area | author: Biowep | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10 February 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by biowep.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #14 by sozzled
You still have problems with your Joomla menu. Did you trash all menu items (you have more than 10) that affect Kunena? Did you empty the menu trash? If you do those two things, then you can use the Create Menu option in the backend Kunena control panel and publish the newly created menu.

However, if you have added your own special URL redirect rule in your .htaccess file then none of my suggestions will work. If you like we might be able to look at your website backend to see what's going on.

More
11 years 9 months ago #15 by Matias
Please find menu item which has ID = 199 and tell us where it's located and what does it contain.

More
11 years 9 months ago #16 by biowep
It's the main forum menu item located the Kunena Menu
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #17 by Matias
Good. Now go to the Entry page and check that the single parameter with menu item list (on the right side) is pointing to the menu item you want to be the default page (most likely Index or Recent Topics).

More
11 years 9 months ago #18 by biowep
It's pointing to Recent Topics

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #19 by sozzled
I just don't understand why this is not working right!

You say that you have not made any changes to the original .htaccess file (created by renaming htaccess.txt -> .htacess); you say that you do not have any 3rd-party SEO; you say that you have completely emptied the Joomla menu trash, and yet you still have a duplicate URL alias hanging around somewhere that is causing this page redirection problem.

Well, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what's going on behind-the-scenes. This is bizarre!

Sounds like there's a web proxy (or some other redirection barricade) getting in the way before the HTTP GET request hits Joomla. That's just my guess.

More
11 years 9 months ago #20 by sozzled
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to examine your administration site. After spending over an hour, I cannot figure this out.

Accessing the site works find if you use SEF URLs. Everything else falls apart, as far as Kunena is concerned, if you try to use non-SEF URLs. I am fairly sure that the FLEXIcontent menuing system has something to do with this but I don't know anything about FLEXIcontent and therefore I cannot say any more about this.

I don't know what to advise in this situation. As far as I can tell, everything looks the way it should look for a standard Joomla installation. The only additional factor seems to be the FLEXIcontent menu system.

Your website works - if you use SEF URLs. It even works if you use non-SEF URLs (you just get a warning message). In fact, if you turn off Joomla debug, the warning message disappears. So, if I were in your situation, I would not worry about this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biowep

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds