Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to change the font of the posts in my blue eagle template?

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #1 by petko8680
Howhi all,
i found couple of topics regarding the font change, but couldn't locate the font-family phrase in my kunena.forum.css and wasn't able to change the default font. Can anyone help me change it, as the default one is a bit bigger and make it more difficult to follow the lines and read. cheers
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #2 by sozzled
Please read my response in the topic [Solved] Help finding element in kunena.skinner-min.css as well as our general advice in the Wiki My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

sozzled wrote:

As we have written on dozens (if not hundreds) of occasions in the past, if you want to change the way that Kunena works on your site, in 99% of all cases, you should not modify (and there's no reason that you should modify) any of the CSS files that are included with the standard template. In this way you keep Kunena nice and clean and easy to upgrade later when new versions become available.

Have you looked at the FAQs menu item at the top of this forum? Did you read what we wrote in How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 days ago #3 by petko8680
hi,
sorry if it sounds weird, but still can't get it. I read the two topics you mentioned, but can't figure it out. I just want to change the font of the way how topics text looks like. I want it to be the same font as the one you have here in the forum
P.S. thanks for the info you already gave me.

More
12 years 4 days ago #4 by sozzled
There's nothing "special" about the way that the font is displayed in Kunena. The colour, size, style attributes are all based on the font attributes used by the site template CSS file. If your site template CSS displays very small font then your Kunena forum text will be displayed in very small font. It's not our responsibility to fix up the way that text is displayed at your site because of the Joomla site template that you chose. That's why the Wiki article is called My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . Your Joomla site template does things differently to what I do or whatever the next person does - and so it should - because of the way you've built your site. So, we have to start by figuring out what's in your Joomla site template that's different to others.

The way to do that is to use a web designer's tool like Firebug for Firefox (or whatever other tool you prefer instead). If you don't know how to use a tool like Firebug then My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena provides you with a range of options you can choose from.

I suggest you start by reading again by reading My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena and look at the options available to you.

Alternatively, you might also like to browse the topics in this category and look at how other people have asked their questions about problems that they've had in areas like this.

petko8680 wrote:

I found couple of topics regarding the font change, but couldn't locate the font-family phrase in my kunena.forum.css

It's not necessary that you find "font-family" in any of the CSS files delivered with Kunena. It's not necessary that you search all of the CSS files that your site may use. The easiest thing in the world is to add, to the end of your main site template CSS file, your own CSS rules.

I don't know anything about the "default" font on your website because I don't know anything about your website and, because of that, I can't really help you except by providing you with the general information that I have.

More
12 years 4 days ago #5 by petko8680
Thanks for the quick reply. this is my site: www.mybabybook.org
just have a look at the forum and see the font. I just want to make it look like the one here- in your forum. cheers.

More
12 years 4 days ago #6 by sozzled
The font colour, size, etc., looks identical on your site as it does here. What's the problem?

More
12 years 4 days ago #7 by petko8680
Well, i think it's a different font- the letters in this forum are a bit smaller and the font definitely looks different to me. BTW which font are you using for the forum topics?

More
12 years 4 days ago #8 by sozzled
If you would like to post a picture of what you're talking about (perhaps put a circle or use an arrow to point to exactly what you're discussing), I would be happy to answer this question for you.

On the other hand, a single mouse-click in Firebug will give you all the information that you need, too. ;)

More
12 years 3 days ago #9 by petko8680
so this is what I have

and this is how I want it to look like:

I just want to change the font( and color probably)

More
12 years 3 days ago #10 by sozzled
The easiest thing to do is to change (around line 51) the file ../templates/newbornbaby/css/template.css and add a !important directive as shown below:

body, td, div, p {
font-family: Trebuchet MS,Verdana,sans-serif !important;
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 1.3em;
}

But if you want to make other changes to just the parts you shown in the picture, add the following lines to the end of the abovenamed file: something like this:

#Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext {
color: <whatever colour you want>;
font-family: <whatever font-family you want>;
<etc.>
}

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds