Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Users able to post to locked Categories

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
OK, it's very hard to tell from the site inspection but I think I know what's going on here.

I logged into this site with a normal, non-privileged account and I was unable to post into any locked category. I tried, believe me, I tried and I couldn't do it.

I can't see the whole user list but, from the dozen or so messages that I saw posted on the site, every message was created by a forum moderator. Moderators can post messages into locked categories that they can moderate. I think that explains the mystery and I think we can now mark this case as "resolved". Agreed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: adricist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by adricist
Agreed!

Thank you so much, that was the problem!

Here is a bit of background .....

When we originally set this up on version 1.4 (I think) there was no option to subscribe to Categories. We needed a way to inbox all members of a forum (Committee) every time a post was made and I decided that making all members of that Committee moderators was the only way to go. Since upgrading to 1.7 I have been able to change this logic and use the Category subscriptions to manage this but I know need to reset the Global moderator status to all members.

Thanks again heaps for your help in troubleshooting this.

Regards,
Adri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.112 seconds