Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Forced category decision possible?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Oscar2
Hi all,

Short question; is it possible to make users specifically choose a forum category to place their question?

The reason is that when making a new topic, the first category is automatically selected. Consequently, 50% of all the new topics are posted in this category because people forget to select another category.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Matias
That's something we have thought for Kunena 2.0, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by garywm
Hi all,

I have set up a Joomla site that includes Kunena.

I have a couple of people working with me as beta testers, making sure everything runs smoothly.

Two people tried to post threads in different forums, the posts all ended up in one forum as they didnt choose the correct forum from the dropdown list.

This is a BIG problem. On the old versions, you choose the forum you want to post in, click now topic, post, job done.

How do I get this back? I have searched the forum for AGES but to no avail.

If this isnt sorted I will have a LOT of people posting and I will be spending all day moving topics to the correct forums.

Many Thanks

Gary

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by garywm
I have the same problem, this is how Kunena USED to be, the new option isnt good at all...

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled

garywm wrote: I have the same problem, this is how Kunena USED to be, the new option isnt good at all...

In what version of Kunena did this used to be the case? I can't remember.

With K 1.6/1.7 there are two ways to obtain a new topic. From the New Topic menu item (in which case, the category defaults to the first available one listed on the category pull-down, if you don't change it), In the second way, when you're browsing a category, the New Topic button uses the category that you're currently browsing as the default.

In either case, users can still choose which category they would like to add their topic. As far as I know, that's how Kunena has always worked (but I could be mistaken).
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I've merged the two topics posted by garywm with this one. I think they're both answered here.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Baze
Good solution would be the first option to be empty, that way when the users click post new topic the system will require from them to select category. Just my 2 cents.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yes, that would be a good solution and it would also be my favourite choice, too.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by Oscar2

Baze wrote: Good solution would be the first option to be empty, that way when the users click post new topic the system will require from them to select category. Just my 2 cents.

Can I do this already, perhaps by changing some code?

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by garywm
Guys,

I may be missing something, but im SURE this is how Kunena has always worked and its how other forums all work?

You go into a Forum, click New Topic' and create a new topic in the foum that you was viewing.

That obviously how it should be.

I REALLY dont understand why there needs to be workaround etc. Surely this is how it SHOULD work? Why would someone navigate through the forums to find the right area, to then click new topic and then have to scroll through a dropdown list to find that forum that they had already looked for?

Gary

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds