Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [RESOLVED] Why am I showing as being online after I have logged-out?

More
12 years 4 months ago #11 by sozzled
Further information from the development team: this "spying" feature (seeing who is online looking at the topic) has always been buggy and defective. Rather than retain a defective feature, the team has removed the function from K 2.0. For the time being, the information continues to show in K 1.7.1 (as you see it here at www.kunena.org ) but it's unreliable and the information should not be trusted.

Speaking only for myself, I don't really have the interest in knowing who might be online looking at the same topics that I might be looking at. My main focus is on responding to the topics that I'm viewing.

The simple way to remove the worry is to set Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Show Online Users = No.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
After further discussion with the team, we have decided to remove the function at www.kunena.org .

The feature will not be repaired in K 1.7 and it will not be implemented in K 2.0. Thank you, animator3000, for bringing this long-overdue matter to our attention - the situation has been like this for 3 years - and now we've fixed the problem at www.kunena.org .

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #13 by animator3000
I have try every setup possible to fix this problem and I think I found a solution. I have put the Session Lifetime of joomla = 0 and the session lifetime of kunena = 0. After that, I have optimize my database and now it seems that I have solved the bug.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by animator3000.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by Vue
Replied by Vue on topic (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Just curious why this always reads different info than "Who's Online"

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by yuzef
Replied by yuzef on topic Re: (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Because : It's tell you who is currently viewing on current page.
so Who is Online is : all who is currently online on your side wide (forum)

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
12 years 1 month ago #16 by Vue
I should have known that but thanks :(

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds