Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Issues with attachments not showing in K 1.7

More
8 years 8 months ago #11 by sozzled

Sabby wrote: What is the default location for the Kunena menu?

I don't know what this has to do with your problem. The default location of the Kunena menu is as you see it here, on this forum. You've done things quite differently on your forum and, in part, its behaviour has to do with the template that you're using and the module position that you've assigned to the kunenamenu menu. We can answer questions about your Kunena menu, if you like, but please use a different topic to ask those questions.

Can we please stay on topic. If your user-id is 42 (which would seem right for J! 1.7) and your attachment has been stored in ../media/kuenena/attachments/42/ (and any image thumbnails are in ..media/kuenena/attachments/42/thumb/) then this seems right to me. These are things that someone with FTP and backend access to your site would need to look at. You also need to check in the SQL table kunena_attachments what may be going on there, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #12 by Sabby
I was thinking that the location of the menu could possibly be related given that the files are being uploaded correctly, this I have confirmed. The database shows the records in the attachments table as you have suggested.

So,
File actually being uploaded to the correct location - checked and OK.
Database records be written - checked and OK.

As I posted prior, when I go and edit the post I see attachments and I am able to open them and view them which further supports the confirmation that the files are being uploaded and the database records have written. The attachment link is the problem, it just doesn't show regardless which template I use.

I have a feeling I am going to have to go line by line in the code to find out why the attachment links are not being displayed.

More
8 years 8 months ago #13 by Sabby
Here are a couple of images that show whats going on.

Image one, I am editing a post with attachments and you can see that they show up in the preview. This is the default template.

Image 2 shows what it looks like from the forums, you will see no attachments.\

Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
Matias and I kicked your problem around for a bit last night and, I have to say, we didn't come to any useful conclusions. Thanks for using the Blue Eagle template to illustrate the problem that you're having. I have to draw a blank on this. I have no idea what's going on behind-the-scenes. :S Very puzzling, indeed!

Did you try enabling Kunena debug mode? Joomla debug mode, perhaps, too. Maybe there's something written in your site logs?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabby

More
8 years 8 months ago #15 by Sabby
I'll give that a try as well as utilize firebug and see if the files are even being rendered with a style that may be hidden, another thought I had rolling around in my head is to pull the template files out of the full Kunena install and replace the files on my site, perhaps there is something wrong with my template files. At this point I would have to lean in the direction of it being a style issue more than a code issue.

More
8 years 8 months ago #16 by Sabby
So I am almost sure it's template related.
With debug mode on I can see all the queries that are being run and I can see it grab the attachments.
LIMIT 0, 6
SELECT *
  FROM wze86_kunena_attachments
  WHERE mesid IN (2490)
  ORDER BY id
When I run this query from SQL GUI Tools I pull back three records, which is correct.
My next step is to replace the template file.

More
8 years 8 months ago #17 by Sabby
Hmm interesting, take a look at this markup.

If I am not mistaken, after the div 'kmsgbody', should the attachment be rendered before the div 'kreply2490_form'?
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #18 by sozzled
Yes, any image should be rendered before that. But the fact that the image is not being rendered doesn't explain why Kunena is not working.

This is what we know. We know that the SQL query works. We don't know what happens after that.

I keep returning to first principles, again, and I always like to start with Joomla security.

It is recommended that all Joomla websites that all folders and files use, recursively, the CHMOD values in Securing Kunena . You should also make sure that all files and folders are owned by Apache:Apache

You may need to get your webhosting provider to assist you with these things.

It's possible that your installation of Kunena is faulty. I suggest that you install K 1.7.1 that has been released in the last couple of days.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19 by Sabby
Ok, now it gets interesting.

I decided to set up a new site from scratch.
New Joomla 1.7 site, nothing done but demo data added from the install.
Installed com_kunena_v1.7.1_b5162_2011-11-16

Logged into the site as a new user, nothing done on the site at this point, fresh install new db everything new.

I posted in the the welcome topic, added a txt file.
Same situation, it uplaoded, no error, I see it in the new DB, still does not display however but I can see it when I edit the post.
This is on a new site fresh install on everything.
Ideas?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Sabby.

More
8 years 8 months ago #20 by Sabby
Maybe there is something within PHP I missing? Not sure but I guess it could be a server configuration problem?

Just to make sure it wasn't permissions, I did chmod 777 on everything despitete my better judgment but I had to make sure.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds