Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Unusually high post views

More
12 years 5 months ago #21 by sozzled
Please upgrade to K 1.7.1 to see if this addresses your problem. Thank you.

Like Matias has written, "Kunena increases the count every time someone visits topic (any page in it)" so I'm wondering if your Kunena pages have some kind of auto page-refresh function embedded in them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #22 by Eliyahna
No they don't.

More
12 years 5 months ago #23 by sozzled
You should still upgrade to K 1.7.1 in any event. B)

More
12 years 4 months ago #24 by Eliyahna
Okay I upgraded it.

I viewed a one page post that had 30 views. I then clicked to see my profile and came back to that board category. The post now shows 34 views.

More
12 years 4 months ago #25 by Eliyahna
So can someone help me with this? Could it be a setting in Community Builder?

More
12 years 4 months ago #26 by Matias
Enable Joomla debug mode and look for queries that starts with UPDATE and contains jos_kunena_messages in it. Only those queries can update the count.

• Nihil
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #27 by Nihil
Replied by Nihil on topic Re: Unusually high post views
i have this too. My threads have enough hits for every user to have seen it 100 times (it is unlikely that even half of the users have seen the thread at all). Tis a bit strange.

More
12 years 4 months ago #28 by Eliyahna

Enable Joomla debug mode and look for queries that starts with UPDATE and contains jos_kunena_messages in it. Only those queries can update the count.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I went to Joomla admin/global config/system and checked off "debug system, yes" then saved.. A list of stuff popped up. There were no instances of what you mentioned.

Do I have to be a programmer to use this?

More
12 years 4 months ago #29 by Matias
Locating bugs is hard.. But I doupt that there isn't any bug -- Kunena just increases the count on every page load into topic, including Google and other spiders. Maybe in the future we should detect if users have already visited that page, but it's something for K2.0+.

At least the feature works like its designed in all my test cases and I know that there's only one place where the count get increased.

More
12 years 4 months ago #30 by Eliyahna
:unsure: It is a private forum... only members can view. Does that help?

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds