Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Unusually high post views

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by Eliyahna
I made a post yesterday in my forum and it is all set for "registered" users only can view or post... we have only 11 members... today that post says it has been viewed over 400 times. How can that happen? Any idea how to correct it? I'm using Joomla! 1.7 with Kunena 1.6.5. Here is the report I think you require?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_paradox_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: April 21, 2011

Kunena default template details : B-light | author: gonzaunit | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-11-26

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by Matias
Every visit counts, so if the topic has been there for a while, every click on every page in it increases the count. For example posting a new topic is at least 2 visits: one for reading and another for returning to the topic.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by Eliyahna
So with only 11 members over 24 hours it can get 400 views? I don't even think all 11 members logged in during that time... but you are saying one visit counts as two?

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
If you would like to investigate more about who or what is contributing to the unusually high view count, install some analytic software (like JoomlaWatch , for example).

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #5 by Eliyahna
Ok. The forum manager just told me the following... (I'll copy & paste)

I figured out part of the problem with the huge number of views some of the topics have. I looked at your topic "upgrades" 3 times and the views increased 16 on the first look, 4 on the 2nd look and 3 on the third look so something is going crazy with the counter. It only seems to have affected a few of the posts because most of the numbers seem about right to me.

So... ? Any ideas? One thing to note... I just upgraded the Kunena. Could that cause some problem?
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Eliyahna.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled

Eliyahna wrote: Any ideas?

If I was in your position and I was concerned about this issue then I would do as I suggested in my earlier advice: investigate more about who or what is contributing to the unusually high view count, install some analytic software (like JoomlaWatch, for example).

Anything is possible. The cause of the abnormally high page view count may caused by some third-party plugin that you've installed, perhaps, or a flaky installation of Joomla, or possibly because you're not using a default Kunena template written for K 1.6.5

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by Eliyahna
I installed that program JoomlaWatch. For the specifics on where the visitor/member goes within the site you have to pay. Why does this feel wrong to me.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Joomlawatch 1.2.12 is free to download and use.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Eliyahna
I'm trying but every link to that file leads again to the link for the new version. :( Is there maybe some way to "reset" the hits counter on a post?

I'll keep trying to find the real 1.2.12. I just hate to buy something I didn't want to fix something I'm already having. I'll let you know if I can get the 1.2.12 somehow.

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by big_d83
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/visitors/3940

* Free version = JoomlaWatch 1.2.12, PRO version = JoomlaWatch 1.2.16

If all you need to do is view visitor history then 1.2.12 is what you need. 1.2.12 includes
Live Stats
Graphs & Trends
Goals
Visits History
Anti-Spam
Nightly Email Reports

If you need more than that then you will have to pay and get 1.2.16 which includes all that plus
Last Visit Map
Interactive HTML5 Traffic Flow
Inversed Goals
Submitted GET/POST vars
1/7/30-day DB Status
Component & Module sizes
Frontend logo removal
Frontend backlink removal
Nofolow link from payments page

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds