Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] "Remember me" issues

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
G'day, sv8bur, and welcome to Kunena.

I remember that I've seen other questions asked about this problem before, and I thought that this problem has been fixed. :dry: It would help us if you could post your configuration report (information about how to post your configuration report is in the posting guide that is printed at the top of this page).

Let's try to deal with one problem at a time. First of all, let's see the configuration report, then we might have better advice we can give you about what you need to fix that problem. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by sv8bur
Thank you very much here is my report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 100 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : boyshobbies | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-12

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1 | Kunena Groups 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
Do not use the Example template. Use the Blue Eagle template instead. The Example template is not a fully-working template. You also have two "home" menu items. If you remove one of these "home" menu items you may find that this fixes problems that you may be having.

The "remember me" problem can also be caused if the Kunena session time (in your case 630 seconds) is different from the Joomla session time. Your Kunena session time should be equal to Joomla session time * 60.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by sv8bur
Ok thank you very much again let's see the other question I posted which is more important for me.

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
Your other question is completely different. Please start a new topic for you other question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #16 by Jiminimonka
I too am having this issue, both Kunena and Joomla are set to 30 minute sessions, but remember only works when I use Linux, in Windows (which is the majority of users) remember me does not work, although Firefox helps by storing the username and password to save typing much.

I tried setting the plugin System - Remember Me order so it is highest priority but that does not seem to be working.

Cookies are enabled and functioning correctly as far as I can tell.

My opinion is that this is a Joomla issue, as it crops up in a lot of places.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

• jack kallis
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #17 by jack kallis
Replied by jack kallis on topic Re: [Merged topic] "Remember me" issues
I have the same problem in which kunena 40 min session on the linux server.can anyone help me.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #18 by sozzled
jack kallis:

(1) We have removed the advertising link contained in your signature. Please note that there is a fair-use advertising policy in place at this site and that further breaches of this policy will be interpreted as you attempting to spam the forum.

(2) Please read I have the same problem ... If you have the smale problem discussed in this topic - caused by using the wrong template or a conflicting Joomla extension or a badly configured Joomla site - then you should use the one of the solutions appropriate to each of those circumstances.

I suggest that you also do as we have recommended before: see other questions asked about this problem

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #19 by moskvichh
Hi friends!
I have install Kunena 1.7.2 and all was good!
But after installation Community builder checkbox "Remember me" - "Запомнить меня" not working for me (I am administrator). After 5 minutes without activity and reload page, i must to login again. Please help me, Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by moskvichh.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #20 by sozzled
G'day, moskvichh, and welcome to Kunena.

I have merged your topic into this one that discusses many "remember me" problems. I think that you will find the answer you are looking for in here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moskvichh

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds