Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago #501 by fungur
Hi

I just upgraded from kuena 1.5 to 1.6 and everything seems to work fine except the
tabs in profile pages e.g. unapproved posts, Posts, Thank You, etc dont work.
All content of those tabs stays hidden (as show in picture) and can't click them. I suppose its a javascript problem.

I run joomla 1.5.20 and seems that mootools version 1.2.4 is loaded.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Mark
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #502 by cally6008
[strike]Same problem but can't figure it out[/strike]

I think I sorted it out :)

I had a fresh version of Joomla 1.5.22 on computer so checked under joomla/plugins/system and there were mootools directory and files that weren't on my live site. Uploaded them and hey presto, profile tabs and BB code working
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by cally6008.
More
13 years 4 months ago #503 by wildfireways
Hello,

Please, we need help.

Within the forum, the users can see both other user profiles as well as their own. BUT... If a user clicks on the "Edit" button to edit their profile, there is nothing there that they can edit!

What we mean is, each users' profile "shows" their Location, Gender, and Birthdate should they choose to provide this information. On/in our forum they cannot!

Within the "Edit" function, it shows User Account, Profile Information, Avatar Image, and Forum Settings with the words "Save" and "Cancel". Other than these "tabs" the area is all blank! Nothing is there for them TO edit!

We have looked and researched and have not found an answer yet as to how to fix this problem.

Can someone please help us to know if we are missing an extension or plug-in, or are we failing to understand how to set this part up within the Kunena extension itself?

We also think we might have to have a Joomla Social Community for this to work?

Attached are 2 profile page views (no vital info is showing).

Thank you anyone & everyone for your help!
Attachments:
More
13 years 4 months ago #504 by sozzled
This is an example of the Mootools Javascript conflict issue. The tips in this category will help you work through that issue. Your K 1.6 configuration report will show you a few things. Would you like to post your configuration report here?
More
13 years 4 months ago #505 by wildfireways
Thank you for helping Sozzled. Here is our configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 40M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : pwc037_j15 | author: proWebCreative | version: 1.0 | creationdate: October 14, 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Wildfireways
More
13 years 4 months ago #506 by sozzled
There is some kind of conflict within the Javascript library /templates/pwc037_j15/script.js

I searched for this template with Google. Nice template but it looks like it was last updated mid-2009. My suggestion is to contact the developers (except the website - prowebcreative.com/ - is a bit thin on contact details) and ask the question "Have you got a version of this template that is compatible with Mootools 1.2.4?"

You can prove whether my analysis is correct. Uninstall the template and use rhuk_milkyway. If the problem disappears then you know that it is the PWC template. This should only take you 5 minutes or less to do.
More
13 years 4 months ago #507 by Thunderboldt
Hello,
i have the same Problem on my site. If oyu have a solution, please post it.

Best Regards
Thomas Pfaffinger
More
13 years 4 months ago #508 by 810
Hi,
first try an other joomla template, if its works again then you must change some lines in your template.
If its not working yet, try to disble plugins one by one.

regards 810
More
13 years 4 months ago #509 by thevaeth
Hello,

i tried to install kunena but have the same problem like here:
www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-support/63...er-javascript-issues

the Problem is: when i enable System - Mootools Upgrade like the post above,a shoutbox script doesnt work but i must run both scripts..

is this a option?

can i load mootools manually in a index.html (only affects when forum is watching)
(the shoutboxscript and kunena never shown on one side!)

thx
thevaeth
More
13 years 4 months ago #510 by xillibit
Hello,

Disable all modules and plugins, and then re-enable all this modules and plugins one by one by checking each time if it's working.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds