Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 2 months ago #741 by tdk1069
Replied by tdk1069 on topic Re: Missing poll option
update:
After fiddling, i think this is related to mootools/js. If i disable mootools the menubar completly dissapears with the BBCode) if i enable mootools, i get the menubar, but debugging the page gives me an error. all bbcode buttons work, but the poll one is missing. Viewing source of page, i see options for poll in the code just after the javascript import links...

any suggestions as to what to look into? i have tried some mootool tweaks from joomla plugin pages to alter versions as a stab in the dark but no change
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #742 by daviddmf
Is there anyone who could help me fix this bug happy to discuss a fee for the task
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #743 by sozzled
davidmmf: Here's a couple of hints for you to consider.

Your site shows that you have 8 different Javascript libraries in play - Kunena needs 3 - and therefore any one of the other 5 might be responsible for causing the problems that you are having. My money is on jQuery, but I might be wrong. You will probably find the article Mootools 1.2.4 provides you with a lot of very important background information that will help you to understand the problem.

Another issue that you might like to work your way through is the issue of AceSEF. Many people put a lot of stock and faith into these third-party SEF products and - it may come as a surprise to people - they don't really "cut the mustard" when it comes to a website whose main business activity is as a discussion forum. I'm not saying that third-party SEF products are a total waste of time but they have been responsible for a significant number of problems that users of Kunena have reported in this forum (and many problems reported on the Joomla support forums, too). So, don't take my word for it. This is something that you really need to develop your own views based on empirical studies.

I don't know what else we can suggest except, perhaps, to have a read of a digressing topic Which came first, the template or the forum?

daviddmf wrote: Is there anyone who could help me fix this bug happy to discuss a fee for the task

As we have been trying to explain to people, this is not a "bug" and it is certainly not a Kunena defect.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daviddmf
More
13 years 2 months ago #744 by thiru_ch
Replied by thiru_ch on topic DB code missing
hi
thank your for your support.
in my site DB code is missing. i reinstalled this forum again also. but problem is still continue .so please tell me how to solve this problem.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : face | author: Mirko Schwarz | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: 20.09.2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

More
13 years 2 months ago #745 by xillibit

thiru_ch wrote: Thnak you for ur reply.

it is working properly even though it showing the fatal error.
but my aim is how to remove those fatal errors.

This could help if you put here the fatal error that you have

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 2 months ago #746 by thiru_ch
i am also facing same problem in mysite www.readingroom.co.in ans i uninstalled certain modules,components, plugins which are installed recently and also disabled the mootools upgrade and enabled after that but the proble is still continuing so please help me
More
13 years 2 months ago #747 by Aventura

thiru_ch wrote: i am also facing same problem in mysite www.readingroom.co.in ans i uninstalled certain modules,components, plugins which are installed recently and also disabled the mootools upgrade and enabled after that but the proble is still continuing so please help me

I cannot access your site to have a look - it doesn't load at all. Until then disable everything that you have installed to your joomla that is not part of the default joomla install - this includes editors, templates, modules and plugins. Leave Kunena enabled though! Use the rhuk_milkyway template as defualt. See if that works.

Aventura
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #748 by daviddmf
Hello Sozzled, and thank you for answering my post so promptly. I do appreciate the time you have taken to check out my site and based on your observations this is what I have done.

1. Deleted all JQuery files in cpanel file manager. This did not change the problem as JQuery was unpublished anyway. But deleting the last remnants of it was worth the shot but did not alter the issue.

2. Am unable to detect any other 3rd party javascript libraries running as I don't know where to look for this without a specific name of plugin.

3. I disabled JCE editor, cleared site cache and to see if it would fix the bug, but no results.

4. Disabled jomsocial but still not the cause. BTW I am running latest version of Kunena 1.6 along with the previous version of jomsocial :1.87 and they work fine together.

5. Disabled AceSef but still not the cause. And thank you for your comments on AceSef and yes I have arrived at similar conclusions to you but appreciate you highlighting them again for me. I did do some background reading and there does not seem to be stacks of evidence that Google favors these SEO plugins. But the problem I have now is that if I remove it, I will be left with thousands of dead URLs which is exactly what happened when I gave up on sh404. I can see I google analytics tools shows me that there are several thousand dead links. Oouch!! And honestly if there is one component which nearly caused me to give up this mortal vehicle it was SH404 but at least it wised me up a little and now any duplicate entries which cause page errors I can fix in the bat-of-an-eye. But still have an aversion to those SEO comps.

Now this leaves me with the same Kunena problem which as you rightly say is not a kunena problem but something else. So it still leaves me with something else and would it be of help to list here all the other components and plugins I am using. There are quite a few? Alternatively do you have 30 mins to spare to have a closer look at my site and I would be happy to pay for this?

Just realised I don't have the mootools 1.2.4 plugin listed in the plugin section. how can that be I thought it came with the kunena 1.6 upgrade package? When I check cpanel home files I get this file
/public_html/tmp/mootools-1.2.4-core-yc.js
and this file
/public_html/tmp/mootools-1.2.5-core-nc.js

Do these have any significance?

Once again a big thanks
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by daviddmf.
More
13 years 2 months ago #749 by Aventura
Hi daviddmf

If you look at you forum page source you will note the following on lines 63-70
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/components/com_kunena/js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/components/com_community/assets/joms.jquery.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/components/com_community/assets/window-1.0.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/components/com_community/assets/script-1.2.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fastingconnection.com/modules/mod_pixsearch_ng/media/js/gpixsearch/gpixsearch.nocache.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript">

These are the javascript libraries to which sozzled refers. The 4 not needed by Kunena are the com_community and com_pixsearch. Disable these components on any links that point to you forum and they shouldn't load on the Kunena page. This may well fix you problem.

Aventura
The following user(s) said Thank You: daviddmf
More
13 years 2 months ago #750 by daviddmf
That is really kind of you to check this for me.

"Disable these components on any links that point to you forum and they shouldn't load on the Kunena page. This may well fix you problem." Not sure how to go about this but will check on the net if there is an explanation.

Cheers!
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds