Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago #451 by fairwea1
I had this problem and it ended up being the template I was using. Try one of the default joomla templates like milky way.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #452 by Josh
I spent hours and hours trying to find the plugin that kept messing up my toolbar. Sadly it was advance module component. :( Also I kept accidentally forgetting to install the upgrade mootools plugin which kept making things tricky and I had all kinds of other issues. I have to admit for a while I gave up on kunena 1.6 and figured better to stay with 1.5 but after doing the work, it was well worth figuring out! Thanks to all those who had good ideas in this thread. Now Kunena 1.6 is rocking! :) :cheer:

Now I'm gonna have to fix the yootheme error due to the mootools incompatibility. :(
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Josh.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #453 by FreeThinker
you should post here your steps and final achieved result, for others to guide themselves thru ;)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by FreeThinker.
More
13 years 3 months ago #454 by Rali
Hi another one frome me:

Bbcode and tabs in profile are not working after migration from 1.5 to 1.6.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 360 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_afterburner_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 08/07/09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Thanks a lot

Rali
More
13 years 3 months ago #455 by Rali
Hi,

I have found that superfishmenu module has caused the problem. JOpe this will help someone :)

Rali
More
13 years 3 months ago #456 by Josh
First I created a fresh version of joomla in another directory, then I installed the latest kunena that way I have the kunena plugin(s) as well.

Then I backed up all my plugins for my original site, deleted them all from the plugin directory of my site, then swapped the files from my fresh joomla installation /plugins files, kunena worked perfectly which was a sign that it was one of the plugins. Then I deleted them all, put my original plugins back in (keeping the back up), then deleting plugins until i figured out which one (don't delete core joomla plugins). This was a tedious process but once I found it, I was very pleased! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
13 years 3 months ago #457 by sozzled
Thank you for sharing your story, Josh, and congratulations. Thank you for showing perseverance and patience! :)
More
13 years 3 months ago #458 by Josh
I'm so sad I'm going to have to do it again this afternoon. When I turn off legacy mode it messes up not only kunena but also community builder! I know they normally don't need legacy, it says no access allowed. This issue can be seen in this thread:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=565818

I'll see if a old plugin is responsible for this later today.
More
13 years 3 months ago #459 by sozzled
"No direct access allowed" is a sure sign that you're using a J! 1.0 component/module/plugin/language/template. These are normally fairly easy to track down. See Removing the dependency on "Legacy Mode"
More
13 years 3 months ago #460 by Josh
This is really wierd! I backed up my plugins, reinstalled fresh plugins from a fresh installation with the only addition plugin being the kunena one to my main site. It still says "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." which I figured ok I'll install every last thing on my site that says uncompatible which was only a few modules, did that, and now on all components, templates, plugins, modules they say compatible. Still I get the error. I use the default joomla template and default language to make full sure, no luck. On the fresh installation debug mode works perfectly fine, I wonder if I have a defective module or component that does not display as defective. I guess I still have more work to do. :(
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds