Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Use username as id for link instead of user ID

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by gwmbox
Is it possible to have kunena use the users 'name' or 'username' instead of the userid for their profile link?

At the moment a profile link looks like mysite.test/forum/profile/userid-339

Is it possible to have it changed to mysite.test/forum/profile/usersname ?

Thanks

GW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by GoremanX
I don't think it's currently possible (at least not easily), but I agree that it would be preferable to do it the way you describe.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by gwmbox
Well that is a bugger, I am trying to do away with having to use a 3rd party solution for user profiles and wanted to simply use the Kunena one with a few additions to the profile page....

I'd prefer not to use one but does anyone now of a hack to achieve this?

Thanks

GW

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your interest in Kunena as a surrogate form of "user profiling". The design and layout of user profiles in K 1.6 is an improvement over what was available in earlier versions of Kunena and, I'm fairly certain, this work will continue to allow Kunena as a possible alternative to 3rd party-developed social networking products. However, at the present time, it must be remembered that Kunena user profiles only operate in the context of the site forum. Further, because Kunena does not have its own registration process - Kunena relies on Joomla or whatever 3rd party registration procedure you have installed - the ability to populate Kunena user profile fields must either be done by the user after registration or relies on 3rd party products to automatically map the information.

I should add that, as much as people way want it, at present it is not that easy to add new custom fields to store user-related data in Kunena. Although anything is possible and, because Kunena is open source there are no "trade secrets" as such, tailoring Kunena to individual needs is a matter for individuals to decide for themselves. We hope that, as new ideas are developed by the community, these developments will be shared among others in the community and some of them will find their way into the Kunena core.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Matias
I've already changed SEF URLs to have urls like /forum/profile/123-matias

Getting rid of the id is not wise as names are not unique after possible transliteration.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by misterpat
Nice! Where can we get the changed file?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Matias
Forgot to mention to K2.0, but with some work it would work also in K1.6 (no, I'm not going to do it, at least right now).

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds