Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
11 years 9 months ago #741 by Phunder
Hi again

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This is turning into a real pain though.

I have upgraded my Joomla version to 1.5.26 and activated the Mootools Upgrade plugin, but still no luck.

If I understand correctly the next step is to uninstall and re-install Kunena. Will this cause me to loose all of the posts that are already in the forum? If so, is there some way I can revert to an older version of Kunena that does not need Mootools?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #742 by Matias
Phunder: Your issue is probably a conflict between some very old javascript and latest Mootools.

Without seeing it, there are usually 2 possibilities where these kinds of issues come from:

1) template
2) old components / modules

You should try to update everything to the newest version to see if that fixes the issue. Also try default Joomla templates and turn off modules in Kunena pages. Once you find out the extension that's causing the issue, rest should be easy.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #743 by sozzled

Phunder wrote: If I understand correctly the next step is to uninstall and re-install Kunena.

No, that is not the next step. The next step is to identify the culprit - the Joomla extension that includes its own Javascript library that interferes with the standard Mootools library that is used by Joomla (and by Kunena) - and fix the problem.

The information in msg #1 of this topic will assist you.

I understand that this must seem painful for you. Most of these problems come from the hundreds of thousands of badly written Joomla templates (written before mid-2010) that still rely on outmoded and outdated Javascript. In many cases, the simplest solution is to uninstall the Joomla template that you're using and use different one.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #744 by d_siotos
hi i have the same problem as you do with the edit button in the kunena profiles. I cant find it to press it so to start editing the profile. I show that you solved it so can you tell me how exactly you did it so i will try to apply the same solution to my website. I am new to joomla so i don't really know where exactly turn off title spans.

More
11 years 9 months ago #745 by John
In the backend go to Extentions - Template

Select your template and press edit. Turn off span titles and you are done.

More
11 years 9 months ago #746 by d_siotos
thanks a lot i did it and it worked fine. I just would like to know if there is any conflict with the rest of the website by turning span titles off. What exactly does this do to the website.

More
11 years 9 months ago #747 by sozzled

d_siotos wrote: I just would like to know if there is any conflict with the rest of the website by turning span titles off. What exactly does this do to the website?

That, my friend, is a question you need to ask the people where you bought your site template. This is the Kunena forum; this is not a Joomla template supplier's forum.

More
11 years 9 months ago #748 by d_siotos
Yes i understand. Thanks a lot guys for your help and assistance :)

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #749 by slimfad
Hi!

I'm new to Kunena forums, I've just read the (What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report) so please let me know if I have forgotten to include any relevant information.

When I log into my Kunena profile (Both an admin profile and registered profile) I am unable to edit my profile when I've clicked the profile tab. See attached pic, there is a "edit" next to my username but it has no hyperlink attached to it.

Is there something I have forgotton to do? I want users to be able to upload a profile pic, edit details etc. I'm using K2 features on my website, i'm wondering if that has anything to do with the issue?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by slimfad.

More
11 years 9 months ago #750 by sozzled
G'day, slimfad, and welcome to Kunena.

If you had posted your configuration report I probably could easily have told you what to do. The answer to your question is in msg #1 of this topic. Please read the links in msg #1 and you should find the answer you are looking for. I am sure this will fix your problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slimfad

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds