Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

Question Difficulty getting email notifications to work

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by amateur
I am totally new to Kunena, I have installed v1.6.2 and have everything working i.e. posted topics, subscriptions automated and confirmation that items added and subscriptions confirmed etc. The issue I have is that the email notifications (to the address set in the profile) do not turn up.

I have reviewed lots of settings but cannot see the wood for the trees - can anyone suggest how this might be resolved.

In terms of the Joomla site - I can get email notifications from there (via a mailto link etc).

I am unclear if the issue is with Kunena or Joomla integration.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
There are many reasons that email may not work for you. It could be a server thing or it could be a webhosting thing, a Joomla thing or something at the receiving end. In a very small percentage of cased (less than 1%) it might even be a Kunena thing.

So, can we eliminate all the other things?

amateur wrote:

In terms of the Joomla site - I can get email notifications from there (via a mailto link etc).

Aside from mailto:, do you get any emails at all from your website? I'm not now discussing Kunena, I'm just asking if you get emails about new user registrations (for example) ... those kinds of things.

Have you checked your Joomla email configuration? Is the mail that you are expecting being sent to your "junk mail" folder, for example? Did you spell your email address correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds