Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena is not "registering" all my Joomla users

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled

LukeDouglas wrote: So if they are in the Joomla user manager but not in the Kunena user manager, then they will not be able to post to the forums. Is that correct?

No, that is not a correct assessment of the situation. I don't know what is the correct assessment without knowing what the records look like in the Joomla user manager.

For example, it does not necessarily follow that, simply because a user record exists in the Joomla user table, a user may even be able to login to your website. Only confirmed, unblocked accounts can login. Joomla counts all records - blocked and unblocked - in its "user statistics".

It also does it necessarily follow from the same fact (i.e. a record exists in the Joomla user table) that a user record has any posting rights either (and therefore this might explain why there is no Kunena user record) because you might have defined all the forum categories needed to have a minimum user Joomla user type in order to be allowed to post on the forum.

That's why, without seeing your Joomla user table, I cannot be sure why the Kunena user table is "incomplete". The Kunena user table has nothing to do with posting rights. The Kunena user table defines things that are associated with forum usage (like a user's avatar, signature or moderator role), that's all.

With K 1.6 there are now 4 switches (checkbox options) that can be used with the Synchronise Users tool. I haven't experimented with all 4 switches (all 16 possible combinations) to know whether they have any effect on the issues that we are discussing in this topic. That's something you can try for yourselves.

It should not matter whether a Kunena user record has been created in terms of forum posting rights. You can, for example, allow non-registered users to post to the forum; non-registered users do not create records in the Kunena user table.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LukeDouglas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #12 by LukeDouglas
Yep, you are correct. I setup a test post and had one of the members who were on the Joomla user list but not the Kunena user list to respond to the post. They were able to post on the forum.

I did check all boxes in the sync and it did update the Kunena user list.

Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by LukeDouglas.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
HRT222: please read this discussion topic for a better understanding of your problem. Thank you.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14 by LukeDouglas
I did a search on the forums for HRT222 as well as the documentation and could not find this topic. Could you provide a physical URL link?

Thanks.

More
13 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled

LukeDouglas wrote: I did a search on the forums for HRT222 as well as the documentation and could not find this topic. Could you provide a physical URL link?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the request. What is your question, please?

More
13 years 2 months ago #16 by LukeDouglas
LOL...after extensive research I just found out what you meant by 'HRT222'. That is the username of someone who posted in this forum. I thought it was a document that gave more explanation of the problems encountered in this thread.

So just disregard my comment! :)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #17 by readyman
Well, I got Kunenas backend and userlist to notice my actual ammount of members, and it was simple to do.

all I did was went to:
Joomla>Administrator>Site>Global Configuration>>System>Set "New user Account Activation" to "No"

Then Go to:
Joomla>Administrator>Compnonents>Kunena Forums>Synchronize Users>>Check all the boxes and click "Sync".

Then I switched my New User Account Activation back to "Yes" so members have to activate their accounts.

Kunena automaitacally noticed all my members in my Joomla site. This makes me believe that this issue is a User Account Activation issue, as someone said before.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by readyman.

More
13 years 2 months ago #18 by whippet
Hi everybody from Italy!

In this topic I've reported the same problem; all joomla usere enabled, also in kunena backend; I'll try sync options (but what did I have to sync if all are enabled in kunena backend?), but in frontend the count of users is wrong: 231 members enabled in kunena backend and count user of frontend: "has 193 registered users".

I've noticed that's is a real problem of new 1.6.2 kunena forum, a problem to be solved...
(a problem that a many webmasters have, perhaps all :( )

Please help us...!!!
Many thanks and sorry for my bad english...

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds