Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question New Users Cannot Create and Account

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by Gameinatrix
I'm using Kunea's Login mod and tried creating a new account and it tells me the follow, after entering info on the initial registration page.

info is required. Make sure it contains a valid value!

I have a recaptcha there and I have it connected to Jom Social AND It's allowing usernames already created to log in fine. The error above is not attached to any particular field as I can tell.

Also I want to remove the rules but I cannot find where to get rid of that tab, help with that would be great.

My website is

www.gameinatrix.com

Thanks in advance for the help
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Gameinatrix. Reason: Left something bout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by Gameinatrix
Well I managed to fix this problem, but I'm rather disturbed that no one for the Kunena forums even responded to my post. You all came highly recommended. The problem was my recaptcha key. Generated a new one and all is well.

Sadly the latest forum posts are still not showing and still can't even see the forums unless you have an account, if someone would even tell me if this is in the documentation would help.

Hope this at least helps someone else.

Gameinatrix
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Gameinatrix.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
I'm sorry that you have not had any responses to your questions but perhaps I can help shed some light on what is happening and why.

The first question you asked was about being unable to register new users at your website. If you had searched this forum you would have seen the consistent reply "Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login". These are Joomla issues - they are not Kunena issues - as you discovered for yourself.

The second question you asked was about how to remove the rules tab. Again, if you search this forum you will discover the answer to this question. The solution involves using the Joomla Menu Manager.

Your third question has something to do with recent posts. I assume we are discussing the Recent Topics tab on the Kunena menu, right? There may be several reasons for this. For example, perhaps the last time a message posted at your forum was over one month ago; by default, the Recent Topics tab shows topics that were last updated within the last month. Could this be the explanation? On the other hand, I may have completely misunderstood your question. You could be talking about the Latest Posts module. Please use the appropriate category for those questions: Kunena Latest Posts (M) .

Lastly, I cannot find Kunena on your website.

I hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gameinatrix

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by Gameinatrix

sozzled wrote: I'm sorry that you have not had any responses to your questions but perhaps I can help shed some light on what is happening and why.

The first question you asked was about being unable to register new users at your website. If you had searched this forum you would have seen the consistent reply "Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login". These are Joomla issues - they are not Kunena issues - as you discovered for yourself.

The second question you asked was about how to remove the rules tab. Again, if you search this forum you will discover the answer to this question. The solution involves using the Joomla Menu Manager.

Your third question has something to do with recent posts. I assume we are discussing the Recent Topics tab on the Kunena menu, right? There may be several reasons for this. For example, perhaps the last time a message posted at your forum was over one month ago; by default, the Recent Topics tab shows topics that were last updated within the last month. Could this be the explanation? On the other hand, I may have completely misunderstood your question. You could be talking about the Latest Posts module. Please use the appropriate category for those questions: Kunena Latest Posts (M) .

Lastly, I cannot find Kunena on your website.

I hope this helps. :)

Hi Sozzled,

I get that Kunena is not responsible for login, my disappointment comes from no one even saying, I believe that info is listed SOMEwhere here, try doing a search. Which I did search but didn't turn up anything but other unanswered posts along the same line. But now I know YAY!

Thank you for the menu manager, once again I searched and found an unanswered post about this. Perhaps I'm not putting in the correct info when I search.

In regards to my 3rd question, I'm referring to the Latest posts module. I have changed the name of my Kunena forums to Gamer Girl Talk, my apologies, I forgot to put that in when typing the post. In that same module on my front page, there is only a post linking to rules on the forum, but doesn't show any new posts. I only installed Kunena a few days ago so there are no posts older than a few days. It won't show any of them, nor is anyone able to see the forums if not registered for the site. I'm going to attempt once more to find documentation to see if I have some things set wrong, but as always I appreciate a quick answer from more experienced Kunena users.

PS I dropped by the Joomla forums as well to see if I could get some help there and was contacted by a shady person who said he'd help. Once I talked to him he asked for access to my site then demanded to know how much I was going to pay him for his help, as he was a Joomla developer. Now this may not seem out of the ordinary, but he did this privately, which let me know he didn't want anyone knowing about his "help" in case they would try to warn me. Secondly he didn't have a website or any Developer work attached to his name there.

Just giving a heads up to anyone else that he tries to get to. I didn't give him access to my site. My own site developer keeps a tight rein on making sure I know not to let just anyone into FTP or back end of my site. Sadly he's gravely ill so I couldn't ask him for help. And my own coding skills are amateur at best. Thanks in advance once again.

Cori

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds