Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
13 years 5 months ago #41 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Kunena Menu Missing
Hi,

My Kunena menu seems to have disappeared somehow. (index/recenttopics/newtopics....)

I'm guessing I clicked a button to turn it off somewhere but can't find it again.

Thanks,
Eric
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #42 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: Kunena Menu Missing
Never mind! I deleted Kunena Menu! :blush:
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #43 by Elnablo
Hi,
I am using newest JOOMLA & KUNENA. I have a really strange effect,
that the menubuttons in my Tab menu (INDEX, Recent Topics, etc)
above the forum just disappear.

If I set the moduls parameter to "Vorgängerversion - Hotizontal" everything
works and the menü is displayed at all times. Just looks really :sick:
"Vorgängerversion - Hotizontal" means something like "Previous version - horizontal"
in english.

Read somewhere, that System - Mootools should be upgraded, but that does
not help.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Robert

PS: Have tried 5 other templates, no difference!!!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 80M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : wds_car_desing_13 | author: www.templatki.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2010-04-23

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Elnablo.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #44 by Elnablo
As far as I can read up in this forum, this is supposedly a mootools problem.

Well, I don't believe that to be so, beause the BBCode buttons of the editor do work and my
editor looks and works just like the editor here on site. If I read up correctly, this would
not be possible with the wrong mootools installed.

Also, the menu tabs do show sometimes and then I click into a topic and they are gone.
Using the back-arrow in the browser moves me back up, and the tab menu magically reapears.

So I'm betting there is a tiny error somewhere in the KUNENA code, right? If it would
never work under KUNENA, than I would believe the mootools theory. But since the tab
buttons do show up on certain pages of my KUNENA forum, it has got to be a coding error
or "undokumented feature". :ohmy:

Seems logical to me, right?
More
13 years 5 months ago #45 by sozzled
The Kunena menu is unrelated to Mootools. The Kunena menu is just a Joomla menu. See Customised Menus in the Wiki for further information.

The latest version of Joomla is J! 1.5.22.

To re-establish your Kunena menu, use the Create Menu option on your Kunena control panel.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #46 by Elnablo
Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly.

See the foto below, that's the best I can do. I did have the large
Buttons for a while, but they don't work everywhere. For instance
they would just disappear, as soon as I clicked on a topic.

As fas as I can tell, it is a problem with KUNENA, because how else
can it be explained, that the buttons just disappear when changing
to a different part of KUNENA?

Using the very "ugly" buttons below, I at least don't loose my menu :sick:
along the way. Sure isn't pretty though!! So as soon as I change the
modul parameter to "List", I get a mess.

I can set up an example for you if you like. Will install 1.5.22,
as I am still on 1.5.21. 1.5.22 did not change anything.....

Also the "Mark all as read.." does not work properly. The text
only appears, when the mouse is moved across the button.

Thanks for your help,

Robert
[attachment:1]Kategorien - Main11 Forum-1.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments:
More
13 years 5 months ago #47 by sozzled
I've seen this problem before - many times before - and every time I've seen it, these problems are caused by the site template.

What is more, every one of these problems that I have seen before has been generated because the user had an Artiseer-designed/developed template. Here is one such problem that I assisted a user with. I am not saying that it will necessarily solve all of your problems but I am saying that it shows that the problems are not caused by Kunena.

See the very long and involved discussion: Weird layout in profile section . We solved the problem. It took nearly three weeks of intensive digging around.

Your missing BBcode toolbar is caused by a Javascript conflict. The Javascript conflict may, or may not, be caused by something needed by your site template (the menu, perhaps)? I would also suspect that when you try to edit your user profile you won't see any information (there will tabbed headings but nothing appearing below them) either. It's possible that all of these problems are caused by your template. It's therefore likely that changing the template will resolve all of your Kunena problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elnablo
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #48 by Elnablo
Hi sozzled,

I have absolutely no other problem within KUNENA except for the menus disappearing.

There is no missing BBcode toolbar, also the user profile works without a
problem.

The really strange thing is, that I can build a Forum where the buttons show at times
and disappear during the use of KUNENA. When I used the forum that was installed as
default, the menubuttons where right there nice and blue on top. They ALWAYS went bye
bye as soon as I clicked on a topic. Ooops, the buttons are GONE. Used the back-button
on the browser and there it was again, my blue menu!! Unfortuanately this is the only
way to move back up.

So my logic would be: If it works at some point, it should work everywhere.

I have tried 5 other templates, no change. I will try to set up a second forum om my site
to show you the effect.

Thanks for your help so far. I just can't believe, that KUNENA would react differently
at different points within KUNENA itself.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #49 by sozzled

Elnablo wrote: There is no missing BBcode toolbar, also the user profile works without a problem.

Sorry. That was a mistake on my part. I misread what you wrote earlier. (6:30 am, been awake since 4:30 am answering questions in the forum, old age, y'know?)

Elnablo wrote: The really strange thing is, that I can build a Forum where the buttons show at times and disappear during the use of KUNENA.

Yes, that is strange. You haven't mentioned this before. Let's not introduce new problems at this time, shall we? It's difficult enough staying focused on this problem that the tab menus "disappear". Your Kunena menu is there (as you showed in your images), so I don't understand the disappearing act.

Elnablo wrote: When I used the forum that was installed as default, the menubuttons where right there nice and blue on top. They ALWAYS went bye bye as soon as I clicked on a topic. Ooops, the buttons are GONE. Used the back-button on the browser and there it was again, my blue menu!!

Again, this issue has been discussed before in the topic I referred you to in my previous reply. You need to read how to re-establish your Kunena menu properly.

Elnablo wrote: I just can't believe, that KUNENA would react differently
at different points within KUNENA itself.

Well, stranger things have been known to happen! :laugh: The point I would like to make is that the behaviour of Kunena is dependent on having a solid, trustworthy Joomla platform. The proper functioning of Kunena depends on establishing that other software does not adversely interact with it. The proper functioning of the Kunena menus normally requires next-to-no knowledge about the Joomla menu system except in cases where users have an unconventional approach to their menu setup. In those cases it is necessary to apply the techniques explained in Customised Menus .

But before we get into the situation as to why your menu tabs are not highlighting in ways that you might expect to see (or in ways that you see here at www.kunena.org ) let's look at your template.

You say that you've tried other templates. Have you tried rhuk_milkyway?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #50 by Elnablo

sozzled wrote: Yes, that is strange. You haven't mentioned this before. Let's not introduce new problems at this time, shall we? It's difficult enough staying focused on this problem that the tab menus "disappear". Your Kunena menu is there (as you showed in your images), so I don't understand the disappearing act.

As I wrote before, these menubuttons only work at all times, because I changed the type of menu in the "mod_mainmenu" I use for the menus (sse the pic). If I set the "Menüstil" (menustile?) to the default, all buttons are gone..... The "normal" buttons where blue with white text and about 3 times as high.

By the way, I am talking about the menubuttons after "Start > Index". That ugly gray blob with the blue lettering.
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds