Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #251 by CheechDogg
Ok so we are good.

Make sure you go to the kunena menu trash and delete the menus that are in there, this is what is causing the error. Once you delete those items from the trash you will be good to go!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #252 by carlbeck
As I said in my last post: There are no menus when I click "Kunens Menu" in joomla Control Panel. Is "kunens menu trash" a clickable icon someplace?
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #253 by CheechDogg
Yes you can find the trash in the Menu Manager

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #254 by carlbeck
OK. I guess I was not clear in my post 2 or 3 back. I said I deleated the kunena menu and wen back to the kunens control panel and clicked "create menu" again and got the same 500 error. When I went back to my joomla control panel and clicke "menu manager" it had come back. I even tried to "Trash" the kunena menu again and shut down my browser. I then checkedthe joomla control panel "Memu Manager" and the kunena menu wss gone. I again went to the kunens control panel and clicked "Create Menu" and got the same 500 error. I went back to the joomla control panel and clicked "Menu Manage and the kunena menu was back. I cliked on it an it was still empty. NO MENUS UNDER "kunens menu". I am trying to explain it as clear as I can.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #255 by sozzled
G'day, Carl.

Welcome to the "why-is-the-Joomla-menu-system-the-most-difficult-thing-in-the-world-to-work-with?" club. The problem starts with the fact that the menuing system in J! 1.5 is a little different to the menuing system in J! 1.6 (and, likewise, in J! 1.7 and J! 2.5) and Kunena is designed to install on any of these systems. When Kunena is first installed and, in order to get around the problems caused by the different Joomla systems, a menu link is created for your forum ... but it is not automatically made active (which answers your first question why you weren't able to find "it" in the first place). You may wonder why the menu item is not automatically activated (or "published" - to use the correct term)? The reason is that, to do so, causes other problems. Therefore, in order to have a one-size-fits-all installation package, the forum menu item is created but it's up to you to activate it later.

You may be wondering why the details of this important post-installation step weren't included in the documentation? Good question. The answer is most people assume that I write all the documentation for Kunena but, in the year (or thereabouts) that we've been doing things this way, no-one else has written the important documentation (and neither have I). So, perhaps if someone would like to offer me a hand in writing the documentation, we might, in future, be able to point everyone to the answer to "I installed it but I cannot find it" question.

There is a published solution to overcome all the problems that you now have; it's to be found in the FAQs (see the menu tab above the forum displayed on the page you are now reading). Please read How do I restore my Kunena menu? .

Use the "trash-burn-build" technique and, after that, publish the menu item that will be created for you. I think that will work. If it doesn't, the answer is comprehensively dealt with in Customised menus .

I'm sorry that you had problems to start off. Joomla menus can be devilishly difficult. You aren't the first person to encounter this ... and, I'm sorry to say, you won't be the last. Good luck. We're here if you need us.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #256 by carlbeck
I just wrote a detailed explanation and submitted it but I don't see it so I will explain again. Earlier I had said I had deleted the kunena menu but I guess I was not clear. in the joomla control panel I clicked "menu manager" and the dropdown showed "main menu" and "kunena menu" I clicked "menu manager" and selected the kunena menu and trashed it. I went back to the joomla control panel and clicked "menu manager" again to make sure it was gone. I then went to the kunena control panel and clicked on "make menu" I again got the 500 error. I went back to the joomla control panel and clicked on "menu manage: and "kunena menu" was back. I clicked on "kunena menu" and it was empty. No menus there.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #257 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Carl, please see my reply to you, posted a couple of messages ago. :)

See also [SOLVED] Another menu item has the same alias in Root .
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #258 by CheechDogg
Carl check your private messages if you have not resolved the issue.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #259 by carlbeck
I have been working on this all day. I want to thank the one that has been working with me and I am now down to the point of the "trash-burn-build" technique.
I am now looking at the item suggested in may last responce: How do I restore my Kunena menu?[ An item in that article is unclear to me.
What does it mean: Ensure that you do not have a folder named /forum on your site. ?? I can find in the folders of my site a folder called components and in thet there is a folder called "com_kenena" Is that what you are referring to? Do I deleate that folder???
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #260 by CheechDogg
No! dont delete that folder!

Check our private messages carl, I would hate for you to delete something you need.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds