Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] Edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search)

More
12 years 2 months ago #111 by sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #112 by prma85
Hello everyone, good night.

After installing Kunena, were created two menus, I would like to edit your content, which are "Help" and "Rules".

But already tried and did not find the component anywhere where he could make the change. Also tried in com_content and nothing. I looked at the FAQ and did a quick search on the forum (did not get to delve into the many pages, sorry), not found.

Could anyone tell me where I can change the contents of these menus? When you access the front-end displays the message ERROR 404.

Since already I thank those who respond.

More
12 years 2 months ago #113 by sozzled
Your first question is answered in this topic (and by reading the FAQs - see the menu item above the forum here - How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search)?

Your second question, about receiving HTTP 404 errors, is a different subject entirely. I think you should probably read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki but, without seeing your configuration report, I'm only guessing. Different subject, different topic.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #114 by apc
I would like to remove - or more specifically comment out - the "Rules" and "Help" tabs.

Which php file do I need to modify?

Thanks.

Edit: Disregard.

I just noticed these tabs are Menu items.

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by apc.

More
12 years 2 months ago #115 by LarsW
Hi!

Just installed Kunena 1.7.2 including the Danish translation. But the tabs in the frontend keep showing the English captions regardless of what I do - many other strings change to the Danish version.
This problem was not seen in Kunena 1.6.4
I have checked that the language files were up to date, and in sync with the English file - only minor issues encountered and fixed. Still not showing Danish captions :-(

I believe there is a bug in reading the correct language file - please observe that the captions come form the admin language file - though it is used in the frontend. Can that be the cause?

Best Regards
Lars

More
12 years 1 month ago #117 by LarsW
Thanks! Obvious when you know it :) I was blinded by the big translation files containing identical strings.
Problem solved.

Best Regards
Lars

More
12 years 1 month ago #118 by john1936
Hi,

I am very new to Joomla and its extensions. I just installed this kunena extension into my website. I am trying to set up the forum before advertising my website. I have made up a set of rule which I would like to put under the rules tab. I know how to get to the configuration part of the set up. My question is, how do I get to the part where I edit the rules tab within this extension? Thank you for your help.

John Bruno

More
12 years 1 month ago #119 by sozzled

More
12 years 1 month ago #120 by geansu
Under the front end tab look under the item that reads "Article for rules". Select the article number you would like to use to display the rules.
You would need to create the article first, look at the number, and use this number under the configuration settings on the forum.

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds