Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question My Forum is having problems loading

More
13 years 4 months ago #11 by jonny3010
ill give it a go but i read somewhere that a guy have the same problem so he when to 1.6.0 from 1.6.1. and it worked again so im thinking kuneuna team has change somthing?? to do with SEO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled

jonny3010 wrote: ill give it a go but i read somewhere that a guy have the same problem so he when to 1.6.0 from 1.6.1. and it worked again so im thinking kuneuna team has change somthing?? to do with SEO

Sometimes people write here "I read somewhere ..." and that's all we hear. I'm not doubting that you read something but, in response, I must ask you, "Where did you read this?" :dry: Yes, K 1.6.1 fixed many problems with K 1.6.1. You are already using K 1.6.1.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #13 by jonny3010
on this forum so i went to look for K 1.6.0 and could not find and I closed all the tabs a nd lost the topic :(

can you give me a link for K 1.6.0 maybe or tell me when new K comes out

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #14 by sozzled
jonny3010 wrote:

[I read a topic] on this forum ... went to look for K 1.6.0 and could not find [it] and I closed all the tabs a and lost the topic

Well, I'm sorry but that doesn't help us very much, does it?

jonny3010 wrote:

Can you give me a link for K 1.6.0 maybe or tell me when new K comes out

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. In msg #3 of this topic you show (in your configuration report) that you are using K 1.6.1. Why are you referring to K 1.6.0? What "new" version of Kunena are you expecting to "come out". What do you expect this "new" version to do for you?

More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by jonny3010
i got 1.6.1 but i was thing that if it try 1.6.0 it might work ??

if you can give me a link to 1.6.0 i would be happy :)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #16 by sozzled
:unsure: I don't know why you would want to go back to K 1.6.0 because K 1.6.1 actually fixed a hundred problems with K 1.6.0 ... but ... it's your website and we wouldn't want to interfere with your bandaid solution. We would prefer to help you solve your "redirect loop" problem. Please be advised that, when you encounter other problems with K 1.6.0, our recommendation will be to upgrade to K 1.6.1 ... and then you'll be back to the same problem. :dry:

You can obtain any publicly-released version of Kunena 1.6 here: joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/?ac...&frs_package_id=5247 .

As you we have seen, in relation to the original "redirect loop" problem,
jonny3010 wrote:

thanks its working now ...

[strike]... and I guess that's where we should leave this discussion.[/strike] But not working the way that it should be working.

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by jonny3010
ok i think ill stick with 1.6.1 and wait for 1.6.2 and then see if the SEO settings that i want will work

More
13 years 4 months ago #18 by sozzled

jonny3010 wrote: ok i think ill stick with 1.6.1 and wait for 1.6.2 and then see if the SEO settings that i want will work

I don't know what you expect will happen with K 1.6.2 or what SEO settings you specifically want to use that are different from the standard Joomla SEO settings ... or maybe I have misunderstood what you mean by the term settings.

The Kunena project team welcomes the feedback from users to help improve the product. If you have ideas for improving Kunena in the future, please let us know by contributing to one of the topics in Feature Requests category.

More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
I am quite sure that we have no been able to communicate, one with the other, as to the problem and the solution.

The problem is not knowing how to setup Joomla SEO. The solution is applying the guide given in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) . The key to the success is the presence of a well-tempered .htaccess file. I believe this is the cause of the problem. The solution has been given in another topic. I believe the solution is to replace the user's .htaccess file with the standard one that comes with the Joomla installation kit (which is included as htaccess.txt - you need to rename it to .htaccess). Fix that up, reapply the standard Joomla SEO settings and everything should work. It's all explained in the Wiki article.

More
13 years 4 months ago #20 by jonny3010
ive tryed that and same problem by using the wiki. i have the htaccess.txt and a .htaccess both from the joomla install package and it still does the same thing so i turned off all seo settings.

i was thinking do i have to do any thing to do with seo in the kunena settings

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds