Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question User issues - Cannot edit profile , and users not all appearing

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by simons
Hi, I have 2 issues with a brand new installation of Kunena 1.6 on a brand new joomla website that I hope someone can help with.

1) I am using Joomla as the login registration but even after syncing users the main joomla admin account doesn't appear in the Kunena user list. I can login in to Kunena with this admin account even though the user doesn't appear.

2) Once a user is logged in, on the profile page you can select 'edit' but none of the editing buttons work (posts, thank you, subscriptions, favourites, user account, profile information, avatar image, forum settings) they dont hover over or allow selecting so users can't do anything like upload an avatar.

Ideally, I want the whole registration process to work exactly like your site, what are you using that adds all the fields for address, etc. and goes through the user setup, your site works perfectly.

Please help, I need to launch this site asap.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by haithun
Do you have any other component like sh404sef or anything else installed too?

For the additional fields you could use the commercial JomSocial or the free available Community Builder.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled

simons wrote: 1) I am using Joomla as the login registration but even after syncing users the main joomla admin account doesn't appear in the Kunena user list

No, it doesn't appear on the user list and it's not supposed to. This is a standard Kunena feature and it's there for your security.

simons wrote: 2) Once a user is logged in, on the profile page you can select 'edit' but none of the editing buttons work (posts, thank you, subscriptions, favourites, user account, profile information, avatar image, forum settings) they dont hover over or allow selecting so users can't do anything like upload an avatar.

This is an entirely different question. There are other discussions dealing with that question. Please look at
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by simons
Ok, point 1) resolved then.

For point 2) I didnt have the Mootools upgrade enabled, I have now done this and still I can see no way to upload an avatar or edit user details.

Do you have to use community builder or jsocial for this, are those tabs specifically for them, or does kunena support avatar creation & user editing on it's own? I thought it did, I have avatr creation enabled in the backend.

I really dont want to have to use community builder if possible as this is just a simple site.

Can you please advise what might be wrong now?

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
The issues you refer to are not affected by the presence or absence of JomSocial or Community Builder. You do not need Jomsocial to run Kunena. You do not need Community Builder to run Kunena. You don't need any other component, plugin, module, language, template to run Kunena 1.6 except whatever is standard with Joomla 1.5.19+. I thought, by referring to the four topics in my last message, that point should have become clear to you. Your problems are caused by a Javascript issue.

Your website loads two Mootools libraries. One of them is ../plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js; the other one is ../media/system/js/mootools.js ??? See Mootools 1.2.4

You're also running ../templates/theme483/scripts/maxheight.js and info.template-help.com/files/ie6_warning/ie6_script_other.js (and I have no idea what these things do). They may be clobbering Mootools ...

I'm not sure what you mean by "avatar creation" but I think you mean, "can my users upload their own avatar images that they created elsewhere?" to which the answer is yes, if you allow it.

Kunena provides the means to edit a user's profile, but you need to have Mootools 1.2.4 running properly to do it.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds