Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question User list

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by ccbee
User list was created by ccbee
My client is a community club. They simply want, in addition to a forum, a front-end user list of the members - so in other words, all registered users are members... and the club would like a front end list to be accessible to those logged in that simply lists:

name,
username
and email of all members. that's it.

I have looked in Kunena ocumentation, I have looked through the component I uploaded, and I am having trouble seeing a possible user list -- and please my apologizes if it is right in front of me.

_Cindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic User list
With certain limitations, you can choose to show as much or as little as you would like. The means to display this kind of information is controlled by the configuration settings as shown in the following image:

One piece of information that is not displayed is a user's email address. It is not advisable to display that kind of information because it is possible (in many applications of Kunena where registration is not thoroughly screened) for people who have no legitimate right to obtain those details and to misuse the information. There are other ways of providing user lists, lists that contain the information you want to display. Community Builder is one such product; Kunena integrates with CB.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by ccbee
Replied by ccbee on topic Re: User list
OK, moving along, and I see clearly now the user list, sorry for such an easy quesiton, but along those lines...

I love, love the user list... except that it is public. So I want read-only for forum, but not the user-list

Is this possible - only registered users and above get to access the user list?

_Cindy

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: User list

ccbee wrote: Is this possible - only registered users and above get to access the user list?

Hmmm ... It appears that you are right. One way to quarantine this information is to set Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » Security » Registered Users Only = Yes. I haven't tested if this works or not (as far as restricting access to the user list) - could you test this for me and let me know? Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by ccbee
Replied by ccbee on topic Re: User list
I change "Registered Users" to yes, logged in and had access to user list. But the client would like guests to register and participate in forum, so this will not work, as you probably have guessed.

What to do now? I need the user list feature, just for members though?

Additionally, at one point the tabs were present at the top of the forum, now I don't see them.

And one other issue, maybe I should post else where... the mootool type login/logout feature works on every page but the Kunena forum?

Maybe too many details here, but I appreciate your help here. Thank you.
_Cindy

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds