Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How to synchronize users - automatically

More
12 years 1 month ago #11 by JimL
I have to bump this. Running Joomla 2.5.2 and Kunena 1.7.2 I am having some sync trouble.

New users work fine, but when I change a users user group I have to go to the admin panel and sync users before it is recognized by Kunena. Any way to run a sync every 5 mins? Can I just cron
/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&task=syncusers#

?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #12 by CheechDogg
Of course you can cron the sync of users every 5 if you have access to your cPanel and know how to do it.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago #13 by JimL
Tried some more. I have a usergroup "members" that have additional forum access.

Events look kinda like this now:
1) Register new user -> gets access to forum.
2) Pays membership (PayPal) -> gets upgraded to Joomla usergroup "members"
3) Syncronize users in admin panel -> user gets access to member area of the forums
4) Degrade to usergroup "registered" -> user still has access to member area on the forums
5) Syncronize users in admin panel -> user has no longer access to member area on the forums

So basically, 1 & 2 I am happy with, this works as expected. From then on out there is some fixing to do.

How can I automatically syncronize the users? If I cron the admin link then won't it check if it's running trough Joomla? Running scripts from outside shouldn't work, after what I know anyway.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14 by CheechDogg
Unfortunately that is all the advise we can give you regarding synchronizing users JimL. The sync function in Kunena works as intended, beyond that there is not much else we can do.

You should try getting in touch with your host and ask them to follow you through to set up the cron job to execute the cron job for that. I use hostgator and I had them help me set up a cron job about 3 months ago and they followed me through every step.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago #15 by JimL
Ok then I must clearly be mistaking something, somewhere. Is it really intended to not change user group access until you manually syncronize?

Setting up a cron job is no problem at all. I just can't understand how I can execute "syncusers", admin.kunena.php which handles it terminates if it isn't called trough Joomla...

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds