Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Please help with User Profile privacy

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by nature1
but were you able to get in and see what i'm saying?
and who should I speak with to see how it can be fixed.

As much as i understand, in my profile there should be options like edit profile and privacy. I do not have them. Maybe this is an issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
Yes, I was able to see at first-hand the symptoms of your problem. I don't know what causes the problem. I suspect that there was something wrong with RC2 that has since been fixed but I could be wrong. It could also be some configuration setting issue; you can check this for yourself by using the Default configuration setting. Go to your administration site, Components » Kunena » Configuration, click the Default icon on the top right of the page and then see if this makes any difference.

You asked if there a fix for the problem: I would say that, because I can't see the issue in RC3, yes, the issue has been fixed in a later version of Kunena.

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by nature1
I tried to press a default as you said and now I got this error:

500 - Internal Server Error
This is a temporary server error.
Please try to reload the webpage later.
If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file. Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by nature1
can you help me out to fix it now? I broke something and got this error message after I hit default in kunena configuration. I can not go to my forum at all now.

here is the error message:

500 - Internal Server Error
This is a temporary server error.
Please try to reload the webpage later.
If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file. Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by sozzled
As you don't have a .htaccess file, a lot of that error report is meaningless. There may be some benefit in reviewing your file security (read Securing Kunena ). That's what those "755" number were about.

It might also be advisable to consider re-installing Kunena, too. It looks like your site is in a mess and you may also need to seriously consider restoring your site from your last good backup. The kinds of things mentioned in this discussion are unusual, extraordinary and not normal. I don't have specific answers for every possible way that users can engineer things.

More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by nature1
so, you think that the best way is to uninstall existing kunena and then install again? where is a good version of kunena? and it should be 1.6 version, correct?

More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by nature1
i went to a cpanel. yes i do have htaccess file. I also checked all files permission codes and they are either 644 or 755, except one, which is 444. it also says about something in htaccess file. something about PHP settings. what does it mean? i do have PHP in the code and not ones.

can someone explain this to me please?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #18 by sozzled
Are you sure it's a file named . htaccess ("dot"-htaccess)? There is a htaccess.txt file - this isn't the same thing.

Your folders should all be set with permission = 755
Your files should be set with permission = 644

But, to be honest with you, I don't know why you're wasting your time going down this expensive, time-consuming path. It would be much simpler if you just restored your site from your last working backup. Now wouldn't it? ;)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nature1

More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by Matias
Internal error:

This comes usually from Apache -- you have broken config file somewhere, or maybe .htaccess. Check Apache error log to see what is wrong. Usually this has nothing to do with Kunena.

Changing profile links to be registered users only, you need to change profile menu item to registered users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nature1

More
13 years 6 months ago #20 by nature1
Thank you guys!
I spent a lot of time and couldn't fix it. so, i re-installed kunena.
I can enter it. forum works. but i still can not find any functions like privacy to let users hide their profiles if they do not want anyone to see it.

that's one thing i really need a help with.
Another one - I can not find an option to let users send private messages to each other.

I'm sure kunena should have it (every forum does), but where do i find it?

I would really appreciate your help!!!

P.S. As per .htaccess file. I do have it. I have TXT one without a dot in front and the one with dot in front. Also, all of the files have permissions either 755 or 644 except one, which is 444 (i think it is named configuration.php)

Thank you again and I would really appreciate your help!!!

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds