Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Empty RSS

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by gawel
Empty RSS was created by gawel
Hi,
Why suddenly I do have any more RSS entries even though I have new threats on the forum?
I've benne through all the posts that tell abou RSS feeds. I have seen the one about registered users. Which is the cse on my site, forum is only for registered users. Then I tried to change the forum accessibility to public, it did not help.
The funny thing is that when I follow the link on the RSS logo, I can see the threats but I can't see them using a RSS reader.

Please help.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by gawel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Empty RSS
Hello,

Can-you give please more technical details ? see : www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/56...-when-asking-support

Can-you give a link to RSS feed ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Empty RSS
G'day, gawel, and welcome to Kunena.

We've discussed this topic before - see RSS Feed for Registered Users? - and there is nothing wrong with Kunena or the fact that you can't see an RSS feed if you only allow your forum to be used by logged-in, registered users.

You have to understand that the RSS feed doesn't actually log in. Because there's no login, there's no way to access the contents of your forum if you basically say "I don't want anyone but logged-in users to see what I have in my forum." So, in a nutshell, if you say "Only allow logged-in registered users to see what's in my forum" you are also saying "This site does not have a RSS feed". You make the choice and those are the consequences of that choice.

I am moving this topic to the K 1.6 Common Questions[/i ] category even though it's not specifically an issue with that version of Kunena or any other version of Kunena. The RSS feed is totally dependent on the security that you've put in place on your website.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by gawel
Replied by gawel on topic Re: Empty RSS
Thanks for take the time to answer to my post. I have read before posting the threat you mentioned about registered users. I are right and therefore you can close my post. However, keep note that even thought forum is for registered members only you can still have acces to the posts using RSS. You just have to clic on the RSS icon on the forum. Answer to this question : if you have access to this icon you are then loged in and your are then entitled to read the posts. ;)
Thanks and good work to all the team.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Empty RSS

gawel wrote: However, keep note that even thought forum is for registered members only you can still have access to the posts using RSS. You just have to click on the RSS icon on the forum.

I haven't seen that to be the case here at Kunena.com at least not for those categories that are not accessible to the public.

Time to create page: 0.855 seconds