Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question page titles

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: page titles
Can we get an ETA on this Bug fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: page titles
prophoto: can you please provide us with your current K 1.6 configuration settings?

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by prophoto

Matias wrote: Custom titles are not supported in RC1/2. The bug has been reported, so there are changes to get it fixed.

Why do you need my config when @matias says its a bug? Has the bug been fixed?

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by sozzled
What Matias wrote was "Custom titles are not supported in RC1/2. The bug has been reported, so there are changes to get it fixed."

K 1.6 RC 1 --> K 1.6 RC 2 --> K 1.6 RC3 --> K 1.6.0 --> K 1.6.1

What version are you using? I haven't been following the development with this issue. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help by knowing what version you are using, that's all.

More
13 years 5 months ago #15 by provafm
Replied by provafm on topic Re: page titles
My config is Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena Installed version: Kunena 1.6.0 | 2010-10-03 | 3620 [ Spika ] |

Something that would work great for everyone's flexibility is a "tag" system. With an input field where I could enter: Prova | Forum > %title%

Or something like that. That way, everyone could setup their tags to fit their site (Some people put the site name at the end.
Also, my forum main page, & category page have duplicate titles, no description (well, default Joomla desc), which is bad for Google. It would be great if I could enter a title & description for each category I create - manually, and for the forum main page.

If I can help implement this, please let me know.

Thanks,
-David

Get a professional advertisement @ the price you pick @ prova.fm

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by prophoto
Upgraded to 1.6.1 but still having this problem....as requested:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : xxxxxx | author: xxxxxxxxxxxx | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2010/24/7

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by jdenver
Replied by jdenver on topic Re: page titles
The kunena code is hardcoded to use the language file for page titles, not the menu name or title parameter. This is an obvious oversight but something easily correctable.

Do Kunena devs accept code submissions/fixes from the community? If so, I would be happy to submit a fix so future releases don't break this functionality on my end.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #18 by sozzled

jdenver wrote: Do Kunena devs accept code submissions/fixes from the community?

Kunena is an open source, community-driven project. We welcome all contributions from members of the community. If you have an idea as to how to overcome the problems discussed in this topic, I am sure that others would be interested in trying your ideas out themselves.

As we all know, of course, changing the PHP code is not something to be entertained lightly. If people change the PHP code then they need to remember that they are responsible for its upkeep and for any problems that result afterwards. The Kunena project team is prepared to help but cannot reasonably be expected to provide a comprehensive support role for every customised change that users may want to make.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by jdenver
Replied by jdenver on topic Re: page titles
Hi Sozzled,

Of course it's up to the Kunena dev team to decide the merits of any change, but in this case, I think the merits are obvious. Kunena is not fully compatible with the Joomla framework; namely the ability to customize page titles for each page. I don't think it was the design intent of Kunena devs to break compatibility. Consequently, I think this change is a bug fix, not a customization.

But anyway. It's not my project. I'm only offering to help correct this behavior and submit it for inclusion into the baseline, if Kunena devs want it. That's all. Up to you folks.

Thanks.

More
13 years 4 months ago #20 by sozzled
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Kunena is not "fully compatible with the Joomla framework". I would agree with you that Kunena may not provide the level of GUI-driven customisability that some users desire. I would also agree with you that the browser window titles may not be exactly what some users may desire, either, or that they operate differently to what might be expected. But these are only degrees of difference.

As far as new users of Kunena are concerned, we believe that it's important that they have confidence in knowing that Kunena was designed to be as fully compatible with Joomla as could be reasonably expected from the developers of any Joomla extension. B)

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds