Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index

More
12 years 3 months ago #51 by sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #52 by kbkounyea
Running versions:
kunena 1.7.2
Joomla! 1.5.23
I read a prior post in the common questions of this forum, but it must be outdated as the reply did not work for me.
How do I set Kunena for forum to open with the index as default?
[strike]How can I set it for "forum statistics" section not to show in the front-end, **whether the user is registered or not** ?[/strike]
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: change subject and merge topic

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #53 by sozzled
Please. One question per topic, please. Please also look at what category you are posting in and read the category descriptions on the Index page.

These are commonly-asked questions. It helps if you search the forum for the answers and to read the FAQs (see the menu item above the forum).

I have merged your topic with another one that has the answer to your question.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #54 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Default menu opening - INDEX
I was thinking about the default menu opening in my kunena forum. I whould like to open the index menu at users first access. I don't find the settings. Please whould you like to tell me the slide settings to analyze to find that setting? Thanks.

More
12 years 1 month ago #55 by Billhur
when our users visit the forums they are directed to the recent topics rather than the more desired area for us the INDEX. anyone know how to fix this issue?

Also any tips on having the forums show up full page instead of staying in the frame of the theme?

check it out if you can and let me know what you think I can do to fix the above 2 questions

www.rocksmithnation.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #56 by sozzled

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #57 by Billhur
I looked at the FAQ but still dont understand what to do to have the INDEX show up as the entry page on KUNENA forum.

can you please detail this for me because its not very clear and forwarding me to the FAQ did not enable me to fix this. im confused.

How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

Go to Kunena Menu (in Joomla Menu Manager) and change the first entry. There's option that allows you to select a different the default "entry" page.

I see no such option when i open Kunena Menu. is it in the configuration, Kunena Control Panel
Forum Configuration
Category Manager
User Manager
Template Manager
Emoticon Manager
Rank Manager
Uploaded Files Browser
Uploaded Images Browser
Prune Categories
Synchronize Users
Recount Category
Statistics
Trash Manager
General Statistics
Report Configuration Settings
Support Web Site ?

which tab? and what do i do?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Billhur.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #58 by sozzled
See the simple explanation posted in msg #52 of this topic.

And, by the way, please avoid using all capitals in the topic subject. Thank you. B)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #59 by Billhur
i see no answer in Msg #52 just the question posed by someone else. how do i see the reply to solve the problem?

they said

I read a prior post in the common questions of this forum, but it must be outdated as the reply did not work for me.
How do I set Kunena for forum to open with the index as default?

Moderator's comment: The message numbering may be different depending on who is viewing the topic. In this case we were referring to "msg #52" was posted by Vi3tShugo.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #60 by Billhur
How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

Go to Kunena Menu (in Joomla Menu Manager) and change the first entry. There's option that allows you to select a different the default "entry" page.

when i click the Joomla Menu manager and click Kunena It gives a bunch of catagories, there is now way to select a different entry page.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds