Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Language development process

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by valandis
Does anyone know the content of the string "COM_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_USERLIST_AVATAR_DESC" in admin file "en-GB.com_kunena.ini"?

After I used the 1.5 to 1.6 converter I got some empty strings and this is one of them.

ValAddThis - Social Bookmarking Extension plugin and module .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by Matias
Could be empty in English, too. Check the English file in admin, you should find the translation from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valandis

More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by valandis
After installing my translation in Kunena 1.6 for the Greek language I still get some untranslated strings in the Administration Back-end that were not included in the English language files:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT_DESC COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED_DESC

After testing my translation (I made an installation package for it) I also saw that the there isn't any translation for the Kunena menu items under the Joomla menu "Components". Any idea?

More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by Cerberus
thats right there is no translation strings for the menu as that is controled by joomla menu manager in k1.6 so it would need manual translating from what i understand.

More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by valandis

Cerberus wrote: thats right there is no translation strings for the menu as that is controled by joomla menu manager in k1.6 so it would need manual translating from what i understand.

I tested my translation on Joomla 1.5 and it appears that the menu items don't get translated there as well, or there isn't any available language .ini file for them!

More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by Cerberus
sadly i havent dealt with K1.5 language so i cant comment on them..

More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by fxstein

alakentu wrote: Hello everyone!

Many of our users are day to day with the current expectation in the development of Kunena 1.6 and is for all of us very pleased to see the concern of all of you for the component and the cravings that show the arrival of the expected stable release.

Kunena Project Team is working hard to eliminate any error shows that the component file, which is why every day we work with the development of the component (whatever the working position) look the way that you can be aware of the good news of it.

In this case I have to announce the development of language files added to our component. Every day a little more edited K1.6 we are in need of updating the language files so that the final version works 100%

1.6 Kunena has at this time (Public Beta 1) 9 different languages of installation, these are you default language (for this version):

English, Dutch, German, French, Serbian, Yugoslavian, Finnish, Spanish, Russian

But not everything is there. In there we have a total of "30 languages" that can be downloaded and installed in the component (if they do not come into the final version!)

Many d they still do not have a complete edition, and why we again call for all users to collaborate on the development of languages. It's easy, if they can not or do not know we are here to help!

The list is long and growing files grow slightly with each edition of the component. Look what we have for you so far:

• Arabic (70% complete)
  • Bulgaria (80% complete)
  • Catalan (100% complete)
  • German (100% complete)
  • Greek (80% complete)
  • English [default] (100% complete)
  • Spanish (100% complete)
  • Persian [Farsi] (70% complete)
  • Finnish (80% complete)
  • French (100% complete)
  • Croatian (60% complete)
  • Hungarian (70% complete)
  • Italian (90% complete)
  • Japanese (60% complete)
  • Macedonian (80% complete)
  • Norwegian (80% complete)
  • Dutch (100% complete)
  • Polish (70% complete)
  • Portuguese [Portugal] (60% complete)
  • Portuguese [Brazil] (60% complete)
  • Romanian (60% complete)
  • Rusian (100% complete)
  • Serbian (100% complete)
  • Yugoslavian (100% complete)
  • Swedish (70% complete)
  • Thai (60% complete)
  • Turkish (60% complete)
  • Ukrainian (80% complete)
  • Chinese [Simplified] (90% complete)
  • Chinese [Traditional] (90% complete)
As you can see the list is a bit dense and many sources do not yet have an effective or satisfactory level of translation. Thus we again appeal to all users who want to collaborate on the project.

Please help for everyone. Remember! We are a community.

Best regards.

Any updates? We need to close out RC2 this weekend and I would like to get the latest language updates in there. I saw threads about an Italian language bug, Mortti just sent me the latest Finish translation files - aside from that are all the changes in and committed or are we waiting for language changes?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #18 by alakentu
Hi,

Ok, most of the language files that initially joined the component is updated to version RC2, some users have helped in the updates but not all can or want to collaborate.

Therefore, we have language files unedited 100%! It also presents the problem that usaurios in different languages to which enuentran not send the package updated from the changes.

I've been writing via email to those who already help but I did not get favorable responses.

KS!
NO hacer Spam | NO esbribas todo en mayúsculas | Sigue las reglas

More
13 years 7 months ago #19 by valandis

alakentu wrote: Hi,

Ok, most of the language files that initially joined the component is updated to version RC2, some users have helped in the updates but not all can or want to collaborate.

Therefore, we have language files unedited 100%! It also presents the problem that usaurios in different languages to which enuentran not send the package updated from the changes.

I've been writing via email to those who already help but I did not get favorable responses.

I have already finished the Greek translation for Kunena 1.6 RC (based on my translation for Kunena 1.5.12), but I still get some untranslated strings in the Administration Back-end that are not included in the English language files:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT_DESC COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED_DESC
If you know anything about these strings let me know.

More
13 years 7 months ago #20 by Matias
COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT="Joomla Content Plugin Support"
COM_KUNENA_PLUGINS_SUPPORT_DESC="Set to <em>Yes</em> if you want to enable all installed Joomla content plugins in your forum. This option allows you to add bad words filtering and much more. Just be careful not to allow users to run any unprivileged tasks."
COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED="Allow to moderator to view and restore deleted messages"
COM_KUNENA_COM_A_MOD_SEE_DELETED_DESC="Set <em>Yes</em> if you want to allow the moderator to view and restore deleted messages in the frontend. By default only administrator can do this."

These are in SVN.

I think that we need to publish English language files for public..

But I would prefer having all our translators in Testers category, so they can download the latest builds.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds