Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Support IE?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #11 by MAW_Trok
Is there a fixed version of kunena in the SVN? I have already upgraded one of my site..:-( and now the users can't use the forum with IE7 / IE8.

I am stupid.. I know that this was only a beta.. but I tried as a stupid :-P
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
Hang on a second. First of all this discussion was about whether or not the Kunena project supports, will support, or does not support users of Internet Explorer. I thought we had made that point very clear.

This discussion is now going off-topic, to try to understand why one user's website seems to be unviewable using Internet Explorer. My question in a simple one: do you have the same issues viewing www.kunena.com using IE as you have at your website and, if not, why not? :unsure:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #13 by MAW_Trok
No I don't have the same issue using IE on kunena.com. With kunena.com all works ok. Did you edited the template? :-D.

I have the same problem of this user..

www.kunena.com/forum/156-kunena-16-test-...net-explorer-7#53769

so is clearly that is not a problem of my configuration, but a problem of this version of kunena.

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
MAW_Trok: You asked a question about whether K 1.6 will work for Internet Explorer. That's what this topic was about. Your question has been answered.

There are some difficulties with the current beta version of K 1.6 but these are being resolved. That's what beta versions of software are for: to fix these kinds of problems before the product is released as a stable version. When people install beta versions of software then they must accept that these kinds of things will occur.

MAW_Trok wrote: No I don't have the same issue using IE on kunena.com. With kunena.com all works ok. Did you edited the template? :-D.

No, there's nothing particularly special about the template at www.kunena.com . The whole point about using a standard K 1.6 template at www.kunena.com is to demonstrate to users that the developers have confidence in the reliability of the product. If you don't have any problems this website then you should not have problems using the same software running at your own website ... but this depends entirely on what other software you may be running and whether or not you have made any special "customising" of Kunena at your site.

MAW_Trok wrote: I have the same problem of this user..

www.kunena.com/forum/156-kunena-16-test-...net-explorer-7#53769

so is clearly that is not a problem of my configuration, but a problem of this version of kunena.

If you have the same issues as discussed in that topic then please share your thoughts and views about those issues in that thread. In the thread you referred to, Roland76 stated that there were issues with IE7 and www.kunena.com ; however, in your last message you stated that you don't have these issues yourself!

I'm confused and I think most other people reading this topic will be confused, too. The topic, before you changed it, was Why you don't support IE? The Kunena development team does support the use of Internet Explorer whether it's for K 1.0.x, K 1.5.x or K 1.6.x.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #15 by MAW_Trok
[DELETED]

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #16 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Support IE?
MAW_Trok: please do not continue to post further off-topic messages.

This thread is about whether K 1.6 supports the use of Internet Explorer. We have already stated, several times, that K 1.6 was designed so that it will support the use of IE. Please do not continue to give examples of difficulties that you are now experiencing. There are other threads that you can use for that, e.g. Some issues in IE7 (also here on kunena.com) .

If you continue to use this thread to discuss your own particular problems you are only confusing matters for everyone else. If you continue to post off-topic messages I will have to lock it.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #17 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Re: Support IE?
OK Im going to write message in the other post. thanks!

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #18 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Internet Explorer
*** Moderator's comment: This post (and the twelve that appear after it) appeared in another thread. We have a serious view about what is known as "thread hijacking" - taking another user's discussion and derailing it with off-topic, personal views about unrelated matters. Thread hijacking is disrespectful to the person who starts the discussion topic. Please try to remember this in future.

Hi. nice template..... how you fixed this errors that have kunena with IE8 ?

www.kunena.com/forum/156-kunena-16-test-...it=10&start=10#54165
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #19 by Cerberus
MAW_Trok there are NO errors in IE8, so please stop giving out false information, there are on the other hand errors in IE7 that are being worked on.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #20 by MAW_Trok
WHAT :angry: :angry: :angry: ???? "Stop giving out false information...?????? :angry: I am using IE8 and there are this errors....

1) the rounded menu works in IE 7/IE 8 but if I click on menu, the pointer doesn't work. With other browsers (safari, mozilla, crome) I can't see the rounded menu, but only squared menu.

2) The square that contains the number of page is too large and also the word "pagina:" or in english "page:" should be on same line of the square.. and not over the square.

3) The buttons (quote, edit....) are squared and not rounded as should be.. and also I can't see the icons.

4) The button quick reply does'nt work. No window for write the quick message.

5) The column that should contain the avatar is too little...

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds