×
Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
9 years 5 months ago #921 by coolnet
On the site it gives me choices:

mootools.net/download/version/1.2.5


Which one do I need to install, and how do I install it?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #922 by sozzled

coolnet wrote: On the site ...

Can you please explain what you mean? What version of Joomla are you using?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #923 by coolnet
I had to downgrade to Joomla 1.5 because JomSocial current version doesn't support Joomla 1.6. I am clicking on BBCodes like the video icon etc.. and it doesn't work. :( Some of the stuffs on the bbcode will work and some wont.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #924 by sozzled
Which version of Joomla are you using?

Can you please explain what you mean by

On the site ...

Which site are we talking about? Are we talking about this website ( www.kunena.org ) or are we discussing the Joomla website ( www.joomla.org )? Where are you being asked for a "choice" about Mootools? If I am able to understand what you mean by "on the site it gives me choices" then I may be able to help you better.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor spelling changes
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #925 by coolnet

sozzled wrote: Which version of Joomla are you using?

Can you please explain what you mean by

On the site ...

Which site are we talking about? Are we talking about this website ( www.kunena.org ) ore the Joomla website ( www.joomla.org )? Where are you being asked for a "choice" about Mootools? If I am able to understand what you mean by "on the site it gives me choices" then I may be able to help you better.


I mean, I am referring to Kunena forums. For some reason my boardcodes don't work: ie: video link, URL, Image, pretty much starting from Image icon and onwards. Now, is it because I don't have MooTools installed? I looked in my plugin and all I see is joomla plugin mootools upgrade.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #926 by sozzled
I will ask you again: which version of Joomla are you using?

Where, on this website ( www.kunena.org ) did you see something that said you should be using Mootools 1.2.5?

When you answer my questions then I will be able to answer yours.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #927 by coolnet

sozzled wrote: I will ask you again: which version of Joomla are you using?

Where, on this website ( www.kunena.org ) did you see something that said you should be using Mootools 1.2.5?

When you answer my questions then I will be able to answer yours.


coolnet wrote: I had to downgrade to Joomla 1.5 because JomSocial current version doesn't support Joomla 1.6.


I am using the latest 1.5 Joomla. (Forgot to mention).

Here is the link I am referring to: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by coolnet.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #928 by sozzled

coolnet wrote: Here is the link I am referring to: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4

There is nothing in that document, at least nothing that I remember when I wrote it, that said anything about using Mootools 1.2.5.

You still have not told me what version of Joomla you are using. I am assuming that you are using Joomla 1.5.22. If you are using Joomla 1.5.22 then you do not need to install anything extra. J! 1.5.22 comes with Mootools 1.2.4 already installed for you.

You say that you had to "downgrade" from Joomla 1.6? I don't know how you can do that. I think the best idea is to start with a clean Joomla 1.5.22 website, install K 1.6.3 and I don't think you will have any problems. You can add JomSocial after you have done that. Does this sound like a good idea to you?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #929 by coolnet

sozzled wrote:

coolnet wrote: Here is the link I am referring to: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4

There is nothing in that document, at least nothing that I remember when I wrote it, that said anything about using Mootools 1.2.5.

You still have not told me what version of Joomla you are using. I am assuming that you are using Joomla 1.5.22. If you are using Joomla 1.5.22 then you do not need to install anything extra. J! 1.5.22 comes with Mootools 1.2.4 already installed for you.

You say that you had to "downgrade" from Joomla 1.6? I don't know how you can do that. I think the best idea is to start with a clean Joomla 1.5.22 website, install K 1.6.3 and I don't think you will have any problems. You can add JomSocial after you have done that. Does this sound like a good idea to you?


My apologies, yes, I am using the 1.5.22 version. The only problem is, I have already a lot of files installed into the 1.5, so if I reset it from the beginning, I would loose everything. i am not sure, how, because my friend who owns the web hosting company did it for me. If I upgrade the forums to 1.6.3, would I loose my information?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #930 by sozzled
I think that it may be a better option if we discuss these issues one-on-one, offline. See PM. What do you reckon?
The topic has been locked.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds