Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 2 months ago #911 by FishBone
Well, was tiered that day so dident understand how to fix it :)
But have solved it now. Was the joomla template that made the conflict. Works fine now. Thanks for helping me out

/F
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #912 by celdric
Sorry for the delay in replying. I wasn't much online recently because of some real life matters.
Yes, my template problems are solved.
I'm not complaining about Kunena. I think it's a project with a great future. Also because Simple Machines seem to stuck in neverending stuff and company issues.
However, the job that the Kumena team already did on the software especially in that short time is outstanding. I think the most users are aware of that. :)
More
13 years 2 months ago #913 by baldnut
Hi, I have just installed and its taking around 7 to 10 seconds to load the forum page, any help greatly appreciated as I have about 4,000 posts to import and dont want to import while performance is so poor.

Im running on Centos dedicated server with 16gb of ram and 8 Quad Core processors (my own dedicated
server not busy)

diethell.teesweb.com/forum/index.html

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : yoo_evolution | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.5.6 | creationdate: December 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.2.206) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 1.5.4.302) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #914 by xillibit
Hello,

You have plenty of javascript loaded, yoo_toppanel load Mootools 1.11 then Mootools 1.2.4 is loaded...
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/mootools/mootools-release-1.11.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://diethell.teesweb.com/components/com_kunena/js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://diethell.teesweb.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://diethell.teesweb.com/modules/mod_yoo_toppanel/mod_yoo_toppanel.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://diethell.teesweb.com/plugins/system/yoo_effects/yoo_effects.js.php?lb=1&amp;re=1&amp;sl=1"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/addons/base.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/addons/accordionmenu.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/addons/fancymenu.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/addons/dropdownmenu.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/yoo_evolution/lib/js/yoo_tools.js"></script>

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baldnut
More
13 years 2 months ago #915 by baldnut
ok will add some conditional code to not use any that is not required in forums and see how it is then.

Cheers
Rob
More
13 years 2 months ago #916 by sozzled
G'day, Rob. Your slow forum issues are caused by a Javascript library conflict. Please read Mootools 1.2.4 - this explains the situation.

The solution to your problem requires good planning and good site preparation before you install Kunena. We understand that many people arrive at the point where you are now at because they have "tacked on" Kunena after they have built their website and have everything else working and then, when they add Kunena, they realise that they really didn't have their site well prepared to begin with. I mentioned this is Which came first? The template or the forum?

We advise people to check the documentation first. See K 1.6 Installation Guide .

You can fix these problems yourself (with the guides we've provided to the community) or, if you want it done faster, you can obtain professional help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baldnut
More
13 years 2 months ago #917 by baldnut
thanks, switched to milkyway template to test and sure enough it is loading in 2 seconds.

Need to look at what I actually need from that template and strip it down.

Many thanks

Rob
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #918 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #919 by SialoS
I have problem with the Boardcode. it only shows the smiles and it doesnt work when you click on them. Quick reply works as the normal reply.
i have kunena for a while now and it was working before. i just notice the problem today and i search to find solution without succeeding.
I have mootools upgrade, tested with my previews template both joomla and kunena and nothing works.
my configuration is as follows

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : forth | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-02-23

Kunena default template details : ArgentRC Dark | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by SialoS.
More
13 years 2 months ago #920 by sozzled
G'day, SialoS, and welcome to Kunena.

You have a Javascript library that is conflicting with the standard Joomla Javascript library Mootools 1.2.4 .

I am unable to see which Javascript libraries your site is loading because you have installed some kind of Javascript file obfuscation software. Only you know what libraries you are using. My guess is that it's something in your site template ... but that's just a guess.
Time to create page: 0.807 seconds