Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #591 by deminbo
Replied by deminbo on topic Re: Slow Kunena 1.6.2
is Kunena 1.6.2 released?
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #592 by deminbo
Replied by deminbo on topic Re: Slow Kunena 1.6.2
it seems Kunena 1.6.2 released on 25-December-2010
More
13 years 3 months ago #593 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Slow Kunena 1.6.2
No Kunena 1.6.2 has not yet been released. Where did you get a Kunena 1.6.2 package?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 3 months ago #594 by applehc
Replied by applehc on topic Re: Slow Kunena 1.6.2
Thanks.

I've already solved. The template was not compatible with joomla 1.2.x mootools.
More
13 years 3 months ago #595 by morness

morness wrote:

sozzled wrote: If you are using jQuery, you need to make sure that it is loaded in "noconflict" mode.

Thank you! After a couple hours of experimenting, researching, and learning... was finally able to get it all working. Turns out my problems had nothing to do with mootools, therefore kind of the wrong thread. In my case, it was a jquery/javascript conflict, which I suppose is the same thing. Our website had jquery code to do fades, slideouts, and transitions, and apparently that code stomped all over Kunena functionality. Putting the code into noConflict mode is what ultimately fixed it.

You can read on for other things I messed around with to figure it all out.

sozzled wrote: You are right. If you are using Joomla 1.5.21 then System - Mootools12 will not appear on your plugin list. What you need to do next is to remove, from the extension that has it, the reference to

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
Another thing that you might possibly do is to rename the file ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js as ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.old.

1. We were using JBLibrary (which owns jquery), and disabling it had no effect... and the website still worked! So then I looked at the code to see where it was referencing jquery, and found it was grabbing directly from jquery.com. Doh! So I fixed that and pointed that to our own internal version within JBLibrary, although that also feels wrong:
Code:
<script src="/joomla/media/plg_jblibrary/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
This is because if I disable JBLibrary, the jquery still runs because we're just skipping the whole intermediate layer and going right to the source.

3. Renaming mootools.js to something else or disabling Mootools via JBLibrary both had the same effect. Couldn't discover what impact that had on the site, but in either case, the Kunena features still did not work. So basically this proved mootools wasn't the issue here.

4. I could get the Kunena features back was by disabling JBLibrary and switching our template to the default rhys_milkyway. That basically proved it was jquery.

5. I had no clue how to get jquery in noconflict mode, but this article helped me figure it out: api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

I'm sorry, I'm jumping back into this after everything has been working for me fine in the last couple weeks. It's recently come to my attention that my problems are still valid when using IE, though everything works great in Firefox and Chrome.

I really have no idea how I would go about narrowing down the cause on IE when it works in the other browsers. Is this is common issue? I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction :)
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #596 by sozzled

morness wrote: I really have no idea how I would go about narrowing down the cause on IE when it works in the other browsers. Is this is common issue?

I'm not sure what your question is. Is it common that certain problems only affect Internet Explorer (as opposed to other browsers)? I suppose that would be a fair assessment of the situation.

However, if you question was "is it common to find Javascript problems occurring only with Internet Explorer?" then it's possible, but unlikely, considering that Mootools was designed with cross-browser compatibilty. K 1.6 has been tested with a variety of web browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and IE (versions 7 and 8). It depends on what Javascript libraries are being used on your website as to whether you are having operational issues with Kunena and a specific web browser. From a development viewpoint, Mootools 1.2.4 was developed independently of Kunena. Kunena simply makes use of the features of Mootools 1.2.4. If you have other Javascript libraries that interfere with Mootools 1.2.4 - whether those conflicts are browser-specific, or not, I can't say - it's up to you to find them. We will try help where we can.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 months ago #597 by madLyfe
fresh install of joomla on the default theme i am having these issues: i dont see the editor buttons and i cant get any file to upload.. but when i click the attachments box it lets me search for a file and select it, but nothing happens(i dont get the options nor does it show the fakepatch).. im using chrome stable.

and here it is properly working on the kunena site:

im sure this is just me being dumb, but im logged into my admin account on my site and have the file uploads set to 2mb(tring to upload a 1mb png) in the backend..

word up!
Attachments:
More
13 years 3 months ago #598 by madLyfe
hmmm still cant figure it out...

word up!
More
13 years 3 months ago #599 by fxstein
Could you please post your configuration report?

This is related to javascript.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 3 months ago #600 by madLyfe
hey fxstein, here there are:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: November 16, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

word up!
Time to create page: 0.620 seconds