Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #561 by gunta
argh ... while playing arround with the standard template of kunena, the prob once again occured.
I also tried some kunena 1.6 templates, with same results. So it seems not to be a kunena template problem.

Guest users, creating new topics see the bb code buttons, while logged in users don´t :(

I removed the outdated module for latest joomla topics, which was not in use, although it was installed.

I will try some other templates, but mayby you have other ideas to solve the problem with the missing bb code buttons for logged in users.

Attached you´ll find a pic for logged out and another for logged in users, using the standard kunena template. Text colours look little strange, because they don´t match the site template colours, thats why I marked the text, to make it visible.

Guest user:

Logged in user:

Thanx,
Gunta

Edit says: I also tried it with the joomla standard template in combination with the kunena standard template ... same results as described above.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by gunta.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #562 by derwijko
Replied by derwijko on topic Re: Problem
Is there anybody who can help.

I can offer some payment for somebody, who can fix this problem.

Thank u.
More
13 years 4 months ago #563 by derwijko
More
13 years 4 months ago #564 by sozzled
G'day, derwijko, and welcome to Kunena.

We don't normally provide direct one-on-one support via e-mail but your problems can be solved. When you write that you require your problems to be solved "urgently", how urgently do you mean? Within the hour, within a day, within a week? :dry:

The problem with the missing BBcode toolbar, the inability to insert smileys, the inability to edit user profiles - and a few other problems for users of Kunena - is caused by a Javascript library conflict. The solution to this problem is to disable, one by one, other Joomla extensions until you discover which extension is causing the Javascript library conflict. When you have discovered which extension is responsible for causing the problem you need to decide whether it's more important to keep that extension (and lose Kunena) or to lose the extension (and keep Kunena).

Your website uses [at least] 11 different Javascript libraries. I see that you are using the K2 component and you are also using jQuery, too. You should read the article Mootools 1.2.4 to gain a better understanding of what is happening at your website and why things are not working properly for Kunena in your case.
More
13 years 4 months ago #565 by derwijko
G'day,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to follow your advice and now I can't access my backend :(

I disabled probably Authentication - Joomla plugin and now I have big problem to make any changes.
More
13 years 4 months ago #566 by derwijko
When trying to find Javascript conflict I discovered you can't disable

Azrul System plugin

If somebody did this like me :unsure: you need to follow these steps:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=7&t=23753&rb_v=viewtopic
More
13 years 4 months ago #567 by Azure
I can attest to that. NEVER EVER disable this dastardly, draconian plugin as it will cause your site to crash. Absolutely pathetic for a paid extension.

derwijko wrote: When trying to find Javascript conflict I discovered you can't disable

Azrul System plugin

If somebody did this like me :unsure: you need to follow these steps:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=7&t=23753&rb_v=viewtopic

"Do or do not, there is no try..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: derwijko
More
13 years 4 months ago #568 by Azure
Had the same problem. The Scriptegrator plugin causes major conflicts with Kunena.

Kunena is a fully functioning forum component that can be impacted by poorly conceived plug-ins that wreak havoc with the more important elements of your website.

Don't mess with the Kunena! :silly:

sozzled wrote: G'day, derwijko, and welcome to Kunena.

We don't normally provide direct one-on-one support via e-mail but your problems can be solved. When you write that you require your problems to be solved "urgently", how urgently do you mean? Within the hour, within a day, within a week? :dry:

The problem with the missing BBcode toolbar, the inability to insert smileys, the inability to edit user profiles - and a few other problems for users of Kunena - is caused by a Javascript library conflict. The solution to this problem is to disable, one by one, other Joomla extensions until you discover which extension is causing the Javascript library conflict. When you have discovered which extension is responsible for causing the problem you need to decide whether it's more important to keep that extension (and lose Kunena) or to lose the extension (and keep Kunena).

Your website uses [at least] 11 different Javascript libraries. I see that you are using the K2 component and you are also using jQuery, too. You should read the article Mootools 1.2.4 to gain a better understanding of what is happening at your website and why things are not working properly for Kunena in your case.

"Do or do not, there is no try..."
More
13 years 4 months ago #569 by derwijko
Now I see. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to unlock backend in Joomla. Here are the steps:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=7&am...3&rb_v=viewtopic

Anybody can help?
More
13 years 4 months ago #570 by derwijko
Okay.

I accessed my cpanel >> phpMyadmin and I found the table with disabled plugins:

Azrul System Mambot and Joomla : Authentication

I set it to 1 (row published)

and my backend works again.

Now I need to look for conflicting plugins with my Kunena 1.6 and will let u know what was it.
Time to create page: 0.662 seconds