Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 5 months ago #411 by freedomcoach
Have you made sure that the Mootools plugin is the very first in the list of system plugins? This was the fix that worked for me.

Howard
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #412 by OnlineEnglishTeacher
I forgot to say thank you - it was " JCH_Optimize" - I changed some settings and it worked - can't remember exactly at the moment - just reduced the options activated.

Matias wrote: Please check this topic:
www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63...er-javascript-issues

More
13 years 5 months ago #413 by mikelll
Stop all the presses!! :laugh: I have the solution!

This has nothing to do with rockettheme templates! This is how I solved it:

In a testing server I did a fresh instalation of joomla. Next I had imported my old joomla database from the problematic kunena forum. Them I installed all the modules and plugins that I use in my "oficial" website and Kunena 1.6 as well. When you have all working fine as the original website, copy paste the files to the website root.

B) Kunena toolbar working fine!

The problem may rest in some joomla security update that did some damages to my core files.

Seems to be a light in this nightmare...;)
More
13 years 5 months ago #414 by joey2509
I did make it first in the list of modules and still no toolbar.
More
13 years 5 months ago #415 by joey2509
Mikell, that seems to be a quite a process to tackle to fix it.
I wonder if anybody can point me to hired help I can employ to get this fixed.
I am ready to go back to the 1.5 and call it a day
More
13 years 5 months ago #416 by FreeThinker
also havin this :(

Already seen the help on this topic...but it's way much of a hassle :S
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #417 by FreeThinker
I don't understand!?!?!?:unsure:

I cannot activate my "System - Mootools Upgrade - Mootools 1.2.4", because when activating it, my mod_rokstories => image flasher breaks :unsure:

*even when activating it (mootols) the BBcodes do not work properly!:S

**it must be definetly something to do with my website and/or template, cause already tested on a localhost testing website, and all's ok!

=> where / how does one do a "Database collation check" :blush: :P
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by FreeThinker.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #418 by sozzled

mikelll wrote: This has nothing to do with rockettheme templates!

Thanks, but no-one said that the problem has to do with one cause specific cause or another. This is what I wrote earlier and this should be the theory that people need to operate from.

sozzled wrote:

The problem lies in something ... that is interfering with the Mootools Javascript library.

Javascript conflicts ... come from one of five possible sources (in descending order of likelihood)

(1) a module
(2) a plugin
(3) a template
(4) a language
(5) a component

Because Kunena is the only component loaded ... we can safely eliminate that one.

What you need to do is to find out whether it is a module or plugin or template that's causing your problem. To do this you need to, one by one, disable all modules and plugins (except the System - Mtupgrade plugin) to see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn't then you need to look at the template.

Certainly it's possible that, over time, other things have crept into a website and have gradually eroded anyone's ability to maintain Joomla in a fit and proper state. From time to time it's not a bad idea, anyway, to start again. Start from the very ground up - rebuild your website from scratch ... but retain the data to continue your operations.

joey2509 wrote:

Mikell, that seems to be a quite a process to tackle to fix it.
I wonder if anybody can point me to hired help I can employ to get this fixed.
I am ready to go back to the 1.5 and call it a day

I completely sympathise with the feelings of frustration that many users seem to be having with these issues. For many people it just seems to be too much effort to be bothered with. Well, I can understand that. For many people, their expectation is that they install Joomla and, three mouseclicks later, hey presto, they have a fully operational website! When you use Joomla (or any other CMS website framework) you are playing with some really "serious" stuff.

We can help, if people are prepared to help themselves, too.

One suggestion for joey2509: look at the line in your site template that creates this:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/magazine_plazza/scripts/js/mootools.js"></script>
... and remove it or comment it out. It may not be the solution, but that would be the first thing I would try.

Going back to K 1.5 is a short-term option. Eventually everyone is going to have to face the reality.

I remember that, 12 months after K 1.0.7b was made available to users, people were saying "I can't upgrade to K 1.5 because I am still running J! 1.0.13". Fair enough. Going from J! 1.0 to J! 1.5 isn't an easy accomplishment. But K 1.0.x development stopped with K 1.0.11 and for those people that wanted all the benefits of K 1.5 they were "stuck".

Likewise, K 1.5 development has stopped. K 1.5.13 is [expected to be] the last version in the K 1.5.x series. In the few weeks since the release of K 1.6.0 the new version has been downloaded many thousands of times and is being used in 100,000 websites around the world. The number of reported problems, compared with the total number of downloads, is extremely small. At this time the project's main focus is on "stabilising" K 1.6 and working on the next major release (code-named Kunena 2.0). Therefore, with the increased focus within the community on the future of Kunena there will be less need to be involved with the past versions of Kunena.

I would encourage people who feel stymied by the Mootools roadblock to persevere. If matters are urgent and people are prepared to pay for immediate, direct support, I'm sure that we can come to some arrangement.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago #419 by sozzled
FreeThinker wrote:

I cannot activate my "System - Mootools Upgrade - Mootools 1.2.4", because when activating it, my mod_rokstories => image flasher breaks.

I'm fairly sure that if you ask your question at Rockettheme you will get the advice you need to deal with that problem! ;)

The "database collation check" is a feature included by the K 1.6 configuration report .

The problems that users are having with the missing BBcode toolbar, the poll options, the user editing features, the expand/collapse buttons, the enlarge/shrink switch (in message editing) and other aspects of Kunena ... all of these are easily explained and they are relatively easily fixed if you have the patience to work through things.

I completely sympathise with the frustration that many people must be feeling. This is totally understandable and I really do wish that we could make things easy, painless, non-complicated, smooth, straightforward, trouble-free. I also wish that I did not have to pay taxes and that I was immortal. :laugh:

Let me recapitulate my position, once again, on this subject. If it's more important for you to have a template and all the features that go with a template, then Kunena (doesn't really matter what version we're talking about) is probably not for you. If it's more important for you to have a reliable, robust, web-based forum component and to be part of a community-driven project that gives that component a real future and that will keep the benefits of that growth in the open-source domain, then K 1.6 should be your focus.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #420 by FreeThinker
Thanks sozzled, will do so, and ask @ RocketTheme :)

Regarding your advice and opinion....
=> It were be awesome to have the best of both "worlds"...a good template and website with all functions rocking + a good, reliable and complete Forum also rocking ;)

P.S. - Thanks 'bout "K 1.6 configuration report" heads up...it was right in front of me :P :laugh:

Here's my report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.10 | creationdate: June 14, 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.8) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by FreeThinker.
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds