Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #401 by Roy Verzijl
Dear Members,

I have question for you.

My boardcode from my Kunena forum 1.6.1 does not work. I also can see the smileys, but if i click on it, it doesnt work.
I have already installerd mootools and i also checked if it was enabled.
It is enabled so i dont know what the problem is.

I have tried it in IE en FF, in both browsers it won't work.
The 1.5.X versions are working on my website.

My website: Click on this text

Thanks,

Kindly Regards
Roy Verzijl

(Netherlands)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Roy Verzijl.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #402 by sozzled
It's really difficult to tell, from reading your message, what is your problem.

I am confused by the statement:

Roy Verzijl wrote:

The 1.5.X versions are working on my website.

I don't know how it's possible to use K 1.5.x after you have installed K 1.6.x. Your website shows that you have K 1.6.x installed. Can you please provide us with your K 1.6 configuration report ?

Can you give us the URL that shows your "working" K 1.5.x forum, please?

When you write "my boardcode ... does not work" do you mean that you don't see the BBcode toolbar? See [Merged topic] Message editor problems; missing BBcode toolbar; smileys & enlarge/shrink don't work to see what I'm talking about.
More
13 years 4 months ago #403 by Roy Verzijl
I tested K 1.5.X on my old Joomla instal, but i deleted everything and started a new website.

Config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : ds_busuit.0.9.1b | author: DesignerSandbox | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 01/29/10

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Enabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 4 months ago #404 by 810
Send me a pm with a admin account, and i will help you.

Regards
More
13 years 4 months ago #405 by etkritikonspoudon
I have a template from Rockettheme which has been updated -by the developers- to Mootools 1.2, so do I need to enable the plugin "System - Mootools Upgrade" or not in order for Kunena 1.6.1 to work properly?

Thanks.
More
13 years 4 months ago #406 by xillibit
Hello,

You don't need to enable the plugin system - mootools upgrade, kunena loads the right things automatically.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #407 by ortiizz
System - RokBox plugin caused the missing toolbar for me- hope this helps someone.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by ortiizz. Reason: spelling
More
13 years 4 months ago #408 by joey2509
I am pretty green here but I am trying to figure out how to fix this problem, Kunena toolbar will not appear (you know the toolbar with the fonts and all the other stuff). I disabled all modules on the page where post a new post and still the same result. I really dont know what to do next to fix this.
More
13 years 4 months ago #409 by sozzled
The problem can be tricky. People say "I've disabled all the modules that appear with the Kunena component but I still can't see the BBcode toolbar." The fact is that it's not just modules.

I tried to spell out where to look here (in msg #95 ) and, in fact, that's what this whole discussion topic is about. There's more to the issue than just disabling modules. It could be a module, a plugin, a template ... many things.

Unfortunately there's not really a simple, quick fix. If you know how to use Firebug effectively then you can get to the heart of the matter reasonably quickly. For those of you who don't know how to use Firebug effectively, there's really only the trial-and-error approach. Most of these problems seem to occur because of the extra "stuff" that's added by the Joomla site template that users have installed. Other causes are the result of components they've added (or the plugins installed with those other components).

I hope this helps to explain why it's difficult to answer this question with a one-size-fits-all solution. I would, however, say (with a clean conscience) that all of the problems that users experience are the result of the choices that users have made in selecting the different Joomla extensions that they are currently using.
More
13 years 4 months ago #410 by joey2509
This a real nightmare, I waited so long to for the new update of kunena and now this. I wonder if there is anything that stands out. Would it be a module that is present on the main forum page or only on the "post a message" page where the tool bar is missing?

kayakfishingmagazine.net
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds