Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #321 by sozzled
You need the "Mootools Upgrade" (another name for Mootools 1.2.4) to be installed. You don't need to upgrade Mootools. The upgrade is included in J! 1.5.19+

Thank you for providing us with your configuration report. Your report does not show us anything that we already knew. That is, your site is loading a Javascript library that is conflicting with Mootools 1.2.4 which is required by Kunena. Just from looking at your website, you are already loading several Javascript (10) libraries. I wonder what whether your problem is caused by the "pagepeel" or "slide menu" modules?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #322 by RedtopX
Ok you just gave me an excellent hint.. it is the PAGE PEEL that was configured "Load jQuery Library = Enable" I disabled this option, presto!!! your magic solution works. :woohoo:

1 more prob that i need to solve... the recent topic of mine and some members.

I just downloaded this -> com_kunena_v1.6.0_b3620_2010-10-03_2.zip
I was using this version -> com_kunena_v1.6.0-RC3_b3539_2010-09-20
before I upgrade to what i've just downloaded.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by RedtopX.
More
13 years 6 months ago #323 by sozzled

RedtopX wrote: Ok you just gave me an excellent hint.. it is the PAGE PEEL that was configured "Load jQuery Library = Enable" I disabled this option, presto!!! your magic solution works. :woohoo:

So this solved the BBcode issue. Good!
More
13 years 6 months ago #324 by rivbir786
Hi,

I just installed the Kunena forum. Therese is something wrong on the Profile page. I can`t even click anything inside of it. I just searched on the forum but I couldn`t find the solution.

It`s could be about mootools. When I update my joomla from 1.5.something to 1.5.21 I just download all files on my desktop and copy all files by one by to FTP by CuteFtp. When I open the plugins/system/ there is mtupgrade file but when I open the admin panel and plugins there is nothing like System - Mootool update or something like that.

I try to download mtupgrade file on my desktop, zip it again and try to install from admin panel but it`s not working. How can I install mootools properly?

More
13 years 6 months ago #325 by adminthptngochoi
Yes, I have similar problem
My solution: Refresh page, but i don't known reason
More
13 years 6 months ago #326 by rivbir786
Even when I refresh the page, nothing changing. I have no clue about what kind of problem it is.
Could be about template or mootools or god doesn't want it :woohoo:
More
13 years 6 months ago #327 by rivbir786
I found another problem...

BBcode editor is not working as well. On the web site I found some answer but nothing is working. Also topic is closed, that's why I'm writing down here.

Here the HTML source code of Kunena forum main page.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trade-advisor.net/components/com_kunena/js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trade-advisor.net/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js"></script>

I hope there is some solution...

My web site is www.trade-advisor.net if you guys need please check my web site.
More
13 years 6 months ago #328 by rivbir786
:evil: Gosh I found another thing on the web site.

I check my templates folders, when I open the /js folder there is "mootools-release-1.11.js" and "mootools.bgiframe.js" how can I update these are. I check the inside of these files, these are old version of mootools. So I just need to copy "mtupgrade" folder into "js" folder?
More
13 years 6 months ago #329 by rivbir786
Hi everybody,

I read whole topic but couldn`t find solution. I feel like a stupid :silly:

Let me give some information about my LOVELY:evil: Joomla and others:

Joomla V: 1.5.21

Kunena V: 1.6.0

Mtupgrade : Enabled

/media/system/js/mootools.js upgraded

template ( Rocktheme terrantribune ) mootools upgraded ( mootools file was named "mootools-release-1.11" then I just change the name of the new version and change with old one, interesting but my web site is still working :blink: )

I don`t really know what I need to do?

here is my LOVELY web site, you could check that www.trade-advisor.net ( I`m not doing adds, don`t misunderstand me )
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #330 by sozzled

rivbir786 wrote: So I just need to copy "mtupgrade" folder into "js" folder?

That might work but I wouldn't advise it.

Please read Mootools 1.2.4 in the Wiki. Mootools 1.11 is bad news as far as Joomla 1.5.19+ is concerned. You should not be using things that depend on that old version of Mootools and you should eliminate those things from your website.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.665 seconds