Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #721 by garycpos
Replied by garycpos on topic Re: Edit Admin Profile
Hi Soz,

Yes, that link enabled me to find the problem B)

I also have a rocket based theme !! but built by somebody else, and after following Johns same issue I "turned off" build title spans in Theme Advanced ... and low and behold my edit button appeared :woohoo: and I can now edit my profile B) B)

Gary
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #722 by sozzled
I am pleased that we were able to help. A lot of these issues have been discussed before but, because everyone has their own way of describing things, they may not have as much success as they might like by using the search facility. As it turns out, your problem would not only have affected your ability to edit your admin account; your users would not have been able to edit their accounts, either. That's why I asked the question (just in case this was a new problem that I'd never encountered before) and that is why I was waiting for your response before I moved your topic to a more appropriate place ... for your benefit and for others who might be in your situation. :)
More
13 years 3 months ago #723 by garycpos
I agree it is very difficult to ascertain the right search criteria when trying to understand a new cms. I have spent years maintaining Nuke CMS's and are still using Nuke Evolution on my Gaming Clan Site with PHP BB. Kunena & Joomla are completley different in every way to Nuke, so I have found it very difficult to learn the different approach that this CMS has taken, also the fact that everything is built around articles.

I am getting used to Joomla now, as I have built this website from scratch including finding out which extensions would best suit a certain application within the site, and will be launching it within the next two weeks once I have got my head around virtuemart !!:blink:

One other point that I have not found is what captcha plugin is best suited to Kunena ?

Thanks for your support, and if you need any Nuke support :evil: please shout out lol...

Gary

Aka RafaS @ www.ded-clan.co.uk
More
13 years 3 months ago #724 by overunder
I'm sorry, but I am having the same problem but can't find the soluation...very new to this. users can not edit their profile.
More
13 years 3 months ago #725 by Aventura
What exactly do you mean by "can't edit" - actually cant get any edit page or it loads wrong etc.

Is mootools upgrade plugin enabled? (if not enable it and that should solve it)

Aventura54
More
13 years 3 months ago #726 by overunder
I just enabled that plugin, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I can select "edit" user, but the next page brings up information with no way to edit it. nothing is selectable...there is nothing you can do in the edit profile screen.
More
13 years 3 months ago #727 by Aventura
Could you post a screenshot of your user edit screen?
More
13 years 3 months ago #728 by overunder
hope this works.

I also just realized i don't have the edit bar when creating a new post. (the one that allows you to choose bold/italic/insert photos/hyperlinks/etc.)
Attachments:
More
13 years 3 months ago #729 by Aventura
That suggests the mootools upgrade isnt enabled - but you enabled it so you have a module or plugin conflicting on your kunena pages

Try disabling plugins and modules from loading on your kunena pages (ie any menu link thats kunena relates)
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #730 by sozzled
overunder: your problem is the what this discussion topic is all about. Irrespective of whether you have enabled the System - Mtupgrade plugin - Mootools 1.2.4 by another name - you have something else on your website that refuses to co-operate with the Javascript library and, effectively, hijacks the Mootools Javascript code. Your task, therefore, is to find what causes this conflict and to eliminate it.

Kunena uses 3 Javascript libraries. How many Javascript libraries are you using?

The best way to start this process, for complete beginners, is to start with a simple basic test site (in other words, Joomla 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.6.2 and nothing else) and make sure that those things work. Then you can add all the other things. We get a lot of new users who start with Joomla, add a fancy template, add a social network component, a flash video player, chat application software, background music player, banner advertising, links to all kinds of things that may (or may not) have anything to do with their business and load their sites will all these goodies ... and then they decide that, after all of this, they want a discussion forum. So they load Kunena.

The best way for complete beginners to start is to decide, beforehand, what is the most important thing that they want from their website.

The best way for beginners to look at what they need to do is to browse through this topic and look at what other people have written in the past.

Are you using legacy more, for instance? Don't use it.

Are you using Rockettheme templates? Be aware of the special things that you need to do.

Are you using one of the several dozen Joomla extensions, reported here, that use Mootools 1.1? Don't use them.

Typically, most problems that users have are caused by Joomla templates that were designed 2-3 years ago, about 14 versions of Joomla ago, that won't work with anything much today and that are no longer maintained by those who originally built them. No wonder these templates are free!

Read Mootools 1.2.4 . Provide us with a copy of your K 1.6. configuration report.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds