Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #621 by sozzled
Thank you for explaining that you and your users are having problems editing their own profiles. This makes things a lot clearer for us. :)

The question for us, to understand your problems better, is how you are having a problem editing your user account details. Would you browse through the topic [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion , please? This topic shows some cases where people are unable to edit their profiles.

For example, people can see the profile but they cannot press the Edit button (or the Edit button has no effect). Is this your problem?

Other people can press the Edit button, but they don't see anything on the page that allows them to change any of their details. Is that your problem?

When I searched for TemplatePlazza , I found a number of results - some of which might help you. I am wondering if TemplatePlazza templates are still being actively maintained. Their site does not give that impression.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #622 by tiz
Yes, I can see the edit-button and I can't edit anything....
More
13 years 3 months ago #623 by tiz
After I deactivated EVERY plugin and activated them back, no one is able to login into the board. The Login-Button is visible but not the font in it!
More
13 years 3 months ago #624 by tiz
...and it becomes more and more interessting...now I'm no more able to login in the backend with my account...sounds like a great start in the week
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #625 by shashankajmani
hi,

please note that on my site www.exceltutor.org , the boardcode is not working.
Please help

These are other details:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3.1) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by shashankajmani.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #626 by madLyfe
im not sure if this is a problem along the same lines since i got that stuff working by disabling rokbox for now, but i cant get the edit profile stuff to work.. there is "edit" in text, but its just text and not a link..

not sure what else isnt working but i keep stumbling on this.. im not sure tho..

word up!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by madLyfe.
More
13 years 3 months ago #627 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Boardcode not loading
Hello,

I advise you to disable legacy mode if you can, and read this great topic : www.kunena.org/forum/159-k-16-common-que...-conflict-discussion

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 3 months ago #628 by sozzled
We understand the frustration that a lot of people must feel. We sympathise that people want only the "silver bullet" solution. But, sympathy aside and while there is a "silver bullet" solution (that people are reluctant to use because it often involves not using some software that they've had their heart set on using), the fact is that 9 out of 10 people who have written to this forum to ask for help with Javascript-related issues have found the solution. The evidence seems to suggest that possibly only as many as 1 in 10 people may encounter Javascript-related problems that they were unable to resolve themselves without asking for help. So if you find yourself in this situation, you should remain confident and take comfort in knowing that these problems can be solved if you're patient and if you persevere.

If you're patient and if you persevere you will make enormous gains, knowing how your website works - how Joomla works - and the satisfaction in having done it yourself. However, I do understand when people feel like they're sinking, when they fell like they're up to their necks in problems and feel like chucking it all in.

I have tried to get this message across many times about how to avoid these kinds of problems with Kunena. The problems occur not because of Kunena. The problems occur because of the way that people approach website development.

Ask yourself this one question: What is the most important thing that you want from your website? The answer will be different for everyone.

For some people, the most important thing that they want from their website is the way it looks. OK, I accept that: "my website looks really cool!" You can take some credit for that. But if Kunena doesn't work on your website then maybe Kunena wasn't meant to be used on that site. The way people construct their site so that they look good might also mean that no forum software product will work on it either. So, it's not just a case about making Kunena work ... it's about making anything work! "Your website looks really cool ... but nothing works" That's what your users will give you credit for.

What is the most important thing that you want from your website? That's what you have to focus your priorities on. If Kunena (or any other web-based forum product) is the most important thing, then start with a basic Joomla site, add Kunena, and make sure that they both work. When I write "basic Joomla site" I mean basic; you can't get more basic than rhuk_milkyway, can you?

Many of the Mootools-related problems occur because people install dozens of extensions on their websites before they add Kunena ... and that's when the problems begin. If you start with Kunena and then add other things (checking that Kunena still works after you add those things, one at a time) then you minimise the risk of those problems occurring and you probably won't even need to ask questions at www.kunena.org . But, as I've written earlier, it all comes down to asking yourself "what is the most important thing that you want from your website?"
More
13 years 3 months ago #629 by madLyfe
the problem is that ive never had these issues with the templates im using...

word up!
More
13 years 3 months ago #630 by MERINEO
Hello everyone,
i have a problem with profile edit, i want to edit profile in kunena, but there is no way to do it, it seems to be Mootools conflict, but i dont know how to fix it...:(

Thanks for every help,
Imo
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds